Someone may want one of these

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea, an SS. Custom hood on the Z71?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...87/?ref=category_feed&referral_code=undefined

Sorry, for some reason the first post had the SS doubled. I know I did not copy link on just the one 2 times.

I just saw that this one is listed as a Z71 and has the Z71 badge on the rig but has a chrome front bumper and the running boards are not right.
Someone could've just swapped those stickers on the B pillar. Easier to do that then take off all the Z71 specific parts. Wrong rack too. Wonder what's on his rpo's?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, yea I see the rack now too. I am tempted to call them about it all. Bolting on a skid plate or two and sticking a badge on does not make it a Z71 for sure.

The fog lights are wrong as well. I did message him at Facebook Marketplace.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't believe what anyone says when advertising a vehicle. It's all about the rpos.

He messaged back with this: "I have a title that states it with match vin thanks for your concern. The mirror cover are aftermarket."

I then told him to look for the RPO codes and tell me if it says Z71 on there. With the attitude I bet he does not respond back. If he has a title that says that I would bet it is a false title.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I sent him this message: "If it does not say Z71, then that rig is not a Z71. If you have a title that says Z71, great, but I would bet that title is not correct. I have a 2005 Z71 Tahoe and the 2004 Z71 Tahoes are set up the same way. The pics are pointing to an LT model and not a Z71. If you don't know for sure, I am sorry if you did not know but I know Tahoes, especially the 2000-2006 model years and the set up on this rig is not a Z71 and if you are selling it as that and again, if you know it is not a Z71, no matter what the title says, then that is wrong. You will likely ignore me now but I am not pointing fingers at you, I am pointing fingers at the 3rd owner title."

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So this is the first response back to me after I sent the last message:

"It has z71 all over the Tahoe look it up do your research because you’re clearly wrong."

Then he dug deeper and found out I was right and he messaged this:

"I apologize first off. I want to say thank you for being that to my attention I was unaware of the RPO to be honest. However, I did “my research” because clearly I was the one who was less knowledgeable on this matter and found out you’re absolutely correct. I’m sorry for personalizing your message at first. I have since edited the add to just saying Chevy Tahoe for sale and was honest and upfront with the potential buyer I have on the line. God bless you and have a good day."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011