Some Questions on 2007 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
So this tuning is all pretty new to me and had some questions regarding my 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2L:

1: I have very minor modifications currently (JET Mass Air Flow sensor connected to K&N Cold Air Intake and a Borla XR1 Race muffler with resonator cut off). How do you go about retuning with additional modifications in the future? Would it be best to wait for all modifications to be completed?

2. How does this process work? You loan me some analyzing equipment to plug into the truck where it records info and then I send it back to you and then you send me the tune to install with a programmer you loan me? Trying to wrap my head around this.

3. How much of a difference should I notice after a performance oriented tune (take for instance 0-60 and 1/4 mile times)?

4. Getting back to my current modifications. Can you adjust to have the correct air/fuel mixture for perfect combustion with the addition of the MAF and Cold Air Intake? How about with a Supercharger and with larger injectors added etc, etc.

Again...just trying to wrap my head around this all!
Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2, and I got a Black Bear Performance tune a few years ago. The difference is stunning, both in overall engine throttle responsiveness and performance, and equally important, the transmission shifting. Tunes can be assembled for increased street performance, increased towing performance, increased gas mileage, of some other custom combination that meets your specific needs.

The tune can be done remotely, with an AutoCal device (part of the tune purchase) which collects data from your truck's systems. You drive for about 20 minutes, with the AutoCal attached to your OBD-II plug, and you perform some specific driving actions, as instructed by Black Bear Performance, while the data is being collected. You submit the data file via email to Black Bear Performance, they analyze the data, and they send you tunes files for the ECM and TCM, which you install, using the same AutoCal. After driving around a bit, you again collect data using the AutoCal, and re-submit it to Black Bear Performance for a second analysis and any needed tweaking. If tweaking is required, Black Bear Performance sends you updated tune files for the ECM and TCM, which you install. The tune files installation takes less than 10 minutes. You can also revert back to your factory tune at any time, using the AutoCal, in the event that you need to be 'stock' for a short period of time for any reason.

Once you purchase a tune from Black Bear Performance, you get any needed tune modifications free for the life of the vehicle, in the event that you install future additional mods that may impact the tune, or which a tune modification could improve performance, based on the mod. As a related example of the value of free tune modifications, even for non-performance related mods, when I changed tire sizes, Black Bear Performance provided me with a tune modification that re-synched my speedometer and odometer.

I could write paragraphs on my tune experience, but for yours and my time effectiveness, I strongly recommend that you contact Black Bear Performance directly by phone and have a conversation with them regarding your needs and preferences. @BlackBearPerf

You won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Nice, thanks! Great info there! Glad you saw considerable difference after the tune!

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this tuning is all pretty new to me and had some questions regarding my 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2L:

1: I have very minor modifications currently (JET Mass Air Flow sensor connected to K&N Cold Air Intake and a Borla XR1 Race muffler with resonator cut off). How do you go about retuning with additional modifications in the future? Would it be best to wait for all modifications to be completed?

2. How does this process work? You loan me some analyzing equipment to plug into the truck where it records info and then I send it back to you and then you send me the tune to install with a programmer you loan me? Trying to wrap my head around this.

3. How much of a difference should I notice after a performance oriented tune (take for instance 0-60 and 1/4 mile times)?

4. Getting back to my current modifications. Can you adjust to have the correct air/fuel mixture for perfect combustion with the addition of the MAF and Cold Air Intake? How about with a Supercharger and with larger injectors added etc, etc.

Again...just trying to wrap my head around this all!
Thanks
Hello Jason, give us a call 877-809-4070 we would be happy to go over everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak