SOLVED No power to washer pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capsalot1

Reaction score
My washer pump was working then got it back from having the brakes replaced and new front evaporator. Now neither washer pump s are getting power when switches are operated. Grounds are good and pumps run when connected directly to battery.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Check fuses. Care to share what the vehicle is, or is it a secret?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if your underhood fusebox is the same as mine, but have you checked/swapped the relay there?

Fusebox.JPG

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like @Fless said, you can swap another relay to check to see if the one he circled is working or not. Looks to be same relay as the horn relay next to it. Or even the fog lamp relay.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

It appears that you tested the pumps by connecting them directly to the battery 12 volt source. I am assuming that you disconnected the pumps' electrical connectors on the pumps' electrical connector pigtails. While you had the connectors apart, did you check the other end of the connectors to confirm that you are getting 12 volts to those connectors, when the pump switches are activated?

OP
OP
Capsalot1

Capsalot1

Reaction score
2002 Tahoe, fuses are good, it was working before taking to shop but I don’t see any relation to front evaporator and brakes to washer pump

OP
OP
Capsalot1

Capsalot1

Reaction score
Th
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

It appears that you tested the pumps by connecting them directly to the battery 12 volt source. I am assuming that you disconnected the pumps' electrical connectors on the pumps' electrical connector pigtails. While you had the connectors apart, did you check the other end of the connectors to confirm that you are getting 12 volts to those connectors, when the pump switches are activated?
Theres no power to pumps when switches are activated and grounds are good

OP
OP
Capsalot1

Capsalot1

Reaction score
Like @Fless said, you can swap another relay to check to see if the one he circled is working or not. Looks to be same relay as the horn relay next to it. Or even the fog lamp relay.
I’m sorry but I’m not sure how to see what Fless said or what was circled, I’m missing something