Sold the Yukon XL today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Well, I sold my trusty old 2001 Yukon XL today with 323,000 miles on it. I have owned it since 68000 and it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The only major component I had to replace was the transfer case which only started leaking because a bearing beat a hole in it from the inside and that was at 160K. Sad to see her go but have the 05 Tahoe to fall back on. I did take the MBRP catback off of it and put the factory exhaust back on. I think it was a little too loud for my taste but it sounded good when you got on it. Both of my boys learned how to drive in that boat. Nothing better than learning how to drive in a bigger vehicle to give you confidence and skill. Plus it wasn't fast...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your pain. It is really hard and emotional to let a vehicle go that has been your trusted ride for such a long time. It feels like you are abandoning them. That is when you know that you had a really good vehicle.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my 2022 4 runner I debated selling my 01 Tahoe. After not driving it for a month and driving it again, she ain’t going anywhere! Not worth the few grand. 8 years and 100,000 miles + of smiles. Like it more then the new vehicle

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fact you had it that long and even taught the kids to drive in it and there was something left to sell says you must have taken pretty good care of it. ive had something like 15 cars in my driving span and sold only 2 of them, the rest got ran into the ground or they blew up and got junked lol

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Its kind of funny to say that they don't make cars like they used to. The GMT800 line of trucks was some of the very best they ever made! I know plenty of new Chevy owners who either love their trucks or hate them because of the inconsistencies in quality and durability. I hate to hear those stories...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645