Sold my new tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yogi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a new Tahoe in June and then i find out that they are having lifter problems. I talked to the service manager at the dealership and he said they had 12 in so far with that problem. After hearing that I lost my confindence in this vehicle when taking it on trips, so I sold it one month later with only 800 miles on it.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on when it was built, you might have been fine as from other posts it doesn’t sound like all are affected.

There’s someone that recently posted theirs was built in March and has over 10k miles on it with no issues.

Mine was also built in March but I’ve only got 3,700 on it so far (no issues), but after seeing that other post gives me some confidence it hopefully won’t leave me stranded.

OP
OP
Y

yogi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on when it was built, you might have been fine as from other posts it doesn’t sound like all are affected.

There’s someone that recently posted theirs was built in March and has over 10k miles on it with no issues.

Mine was also built in March but I’ve only got 3,700 on it so far (no issues), but after seeing that other post gives me some confidence it hopefully won’t leave me stranded.
I asked the service manager if GM has told them that after a certain build date that the engines are good and he said no.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My partner at work bought a '21 RST 4 months ago and has almost 9k miles on it now with no issues.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the most disconcerting thing about this whole situation is people who have had them fixed and then have had the same problem again, twice? That tells me it’s not the parts, but the system.
if that’s the case you never know when the hammer is going to fall next week, or two years from now…..

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Not a criticism of you, personally, just an observation about a truth of human behavior with respect to sharing bad news. You didn’t join this forum in June to celebrate, you joined now to commiserate. Something most of us, including me, do all too often.

Better luck next time, and no regrets. I’ve dumped vehicles as well just because the confidence was broken.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not a criticism of you, personally, just an observation about a truth of human behavior with respect to sharing bad news. You didn’t join this forum in June to celebrate, you joined now to commiserate. Something most of us, including me, do all too often.

Better luck next time, and no regrets. I’ve dumped vehicles as well just because the confidence was broken.
:cool: Yea, no introduction but just "wham bam" I am worried and sold my rig. Did you get your money back? Did you sell it to an individual or back to dealer?

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think this lifter concern is blown way out of proportion. Does it worry me as an owner, yes. Would I sell my vehicle becasue if it, no chance. That's an extreme move for something that has not and will not affect the majority of owners. Speaking from personal experience, no issues with mine and it was built during the supposed "bad batch" window. I now personally know 3 other owners also none of which have experienced the issue. Sorry to the unfortunate few who have had the failure, but to all other owners or prospective owners, don't be a victim of internet paranoia. These new rigs are world class and you're missing out if you're not in one.

cdgtahoe

Reaction score
I have almost 11,000 miles on mine no problems with engine. Mine was one of the first ones built. Have had it for a year now. Run premium in my 6.2 and might get flamed but doing my 4th oil change. It runs smooth and want to keep it that way. I would have kept it.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's sad how these complainers expect their new trucks to be problem free and flock to the internet to complain. To top it off they expect GM to take care of them with a tow and a loaner after multiple engine failures. Whiners!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy