SOLD...... 02 escalade cluster....."$SOLD"..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got this in a package deal from a wrecked 02 escalade. No need for it as it wont work in my 04. Price is $150

20170928_111943.jpg

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
NBS tahoe doesn't have the trans temp gauge though. What's the workaround for this? Does it still monitor the trans temp but not have a gauge? Or does it not even have the sensor?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NBS tahoe doesn't have the trans temp gauge though. What's the workaround for this? Does it still monitor the trans temp but not have a gauge? Or does it not even have the sensor?

Actually, EVERYTHING is already in place for the transmission temperature sensor to work except for the actual gauge on the cluster. All wiring and sending units are in place in the transmission already. The truck actually still monitors the transmission fluid temperature, but you just can't see it unless you have an Escalade, Denali, or a 2500HD cluster. I'm not sure why only the HD trucks and the Eskys and Denali had the transmission temperature gauge. But the only thing that you would ever see is a warning light that the temp too high, unless you were to swap in a cluster with a transmission temperature gauge.
The Esky and Denali cluster is as simple as unplugging your cluster and plugging in a new one. No additional wiring or programming is needed for the transmission temperature gauge to work. The odometer however is a different story. The miles are stored in the cluster, so in order for your truck to read the correct mileage on the odometer you would need to get it reprogrammed.
One other option that I have seen people do is to get a "Scanguage" or something similar that plugs into the OBD2 port. Then use that to monitor the transmission temperature.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
Actually, EVERYTHING is already in place for the transmission temperature sensor to work except for the actual gauge on the cluster. All wiring and sending units are in place in the transmission already. The truck actually still monitors the transmission fluid temperature, but you just can't see it unless you have an Escalade, Denali, or a 2500HD cluster. I'm not sure why only the HD trucks and the Eskys and Denali had the transmission temperature gauge. But the only thing that you would ever see is a warning light that the temp too high, unless you were to swap in a cluster with a transmission temperature gauge.
The Esky and Denali cluster is as simple as unplugging your cluster and plugging in a new one. No additional wiring or programming is needed for the transmission temperature gauge to work. The odometer however is a different story. The miles are stored in the cluster, so in order for your truck to read the correct mileage on the odometer you would need to get it reprogrammed.
One other option that I have seen people do is to get a "Scanguage" or something similar that plugs into the OBD2 port. Then use that to monitor the transmission temperature.
That's good to know! It would make sense that all of the wiring and sensors would be there for it already. Just dumb the gauge didn't make the final cut for the hoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84