Snagged the cleanest 07-14 Yukon I've ever seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Whoa! Landed well on that brother!! Grab some of the GM oem pvc backed molded carpet mats & a sunshade to preserve the virgin carpet and dash. Get a ceramic based sealer on the paint ASAP because left as is, it’s just a clear coat explosion ticking to go off.

Three car seats. I remember those days. Lotta fun and I guarantee you’ll want a folded towel under each car seat or you’ll have perma dents in the leather when they’re removed. The bench is so awesome because you can buy a cover made for doggo’s that’ll cover the entire bench to protect it from the food.

By taking the towel and seat cover route we knew we were winners. On the way to LAX w/ kids in truck, my youngest barfed an entire bottle on herself, in the car seat and down into the seat cover. We still made our flight because I could pull the seat, towel and cover, hose everything off w/ the nozzle and swap in the set up from our other car. Wife changed daughter outfit w/ hyper fast bath and on our way 15 min later.

ZERO offensive odor then, and more importantly, ZERO offensive odor when we came back to truck a week later from truck sitting in airport parking lot. Wifey still brags about how well the towels and seat covers worked out because 2 1/2 years later, the 06 Denali sold for $10 grand less than we paid for it.

My sister in law’s Yukon reeked so bad of spilled baby bottles and vomit from twins and their son, they had to practically pay the dealer to trade it in. Accidents are costly but prudence pays. Congrats on having all the kiddos and wife in THE SAFEST ride out there. Good job Dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
Clear uv tint on the windshield and window shade should help some. I have always lived in Florida, the sun eats everything! I have a 1990 240sx with no cracks at all in the dashboard and that is rare. Window shades do work if you are Religious about using them.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The leather dash on the NNBS Escalade are Tahoma leather simply glued onto a standard dash panel. Just that one layer of thin leather is enough to keep the UV off the OE material and preserve it. If we were going to keep our 08 Denali XL I'd simply have a wrecker pull a dash in best condition possible and have it dropped off at an upholstery shop with pictures of the stitching of an Escalade dash to copy.

That'd be enough to split the cost on the next step which is the swap / install. Then you can call it done once and for all. When I was looking into doing this one shop suggested scuffing the surface of the OE dash, filling any cracks and imperfections, then layering out an epoxy product to give the leather a good bond and adding additional reinforcement for the future.

One key thing to remember is that on the 2015+ Esky leather dashes, they're already failing. Small bubbles form and cancer the dash instead of cracking. Thumbs up GM (In the shape of an L on your forehead).

watuzi

Reaction score
Nice find you got there. How much did you pay for the wheels? Did it come with the tires also? I just want to know a good deal when I look for rims on Craigslist. Thanks

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well with a 2010 you got the strong 6L80 transmission........some simple tuning the TCM and it will shift like a boss. Even with a cam the converter in there will be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518