Smoked fogs for 03 XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read it again, the only person that started talking about low beams was you, I only mentioned that I already had them installed on my truck. Then for some unknown reason you went into this mad rage about using the correct housing..........

Actually, you should read it again before you start pointing fingers. T3rry brought up low beams, you asked about smoked fogs and I gave you a straight answer about smoked fogs. A tangent was taken, which you did indulge in:
bozemafl said:
My thoughts too, now to Terry's complaint, yes I am running stock housing in my low beam HId's, please recommend a good projector thats not going to fog, leak or have to modify to get it to fit right.

To that I have no answer other than stock Denali projectors. Now if you're back to talking about your fogs, from my original post:

MikeTheApeman said:
But he's talking about Fog Lights, not headlights. I think everyone here has HID's in their fogs, self included. They're low enough and set back enough in the bumper that the glare is forgivable.

To answer your question, if you're going to go HID, don't go smoked. When you put sunglasses on, it cuts the light to your eyes right? Same theory here.

But again, it's been debated many times on here before and pictures have been shown: HID's in reflector housings = glare. It's a fact of design. That is why I agree with T3rry that if you're going to put HID headlights in, get projectors.

Last edited:

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got hids in my lows to go with a set of aftermarket projectors I had and they look really good, nice and clean beam but the cutoff is garbage, thot I mightve put em in wrong or sumthin but I think im gunna have to find a different set of projectors or hurry up and get em in my fogs, any suggestions for new projectors?