SmartLiner vs. YitaMotor Custom Fit Floor Liners Side By Side Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related question, I hope it’s okay to ask here as y’all have had various nice quality floor mats - For 2nd row captains chairs, do any of the vendors’ mats cover the open carpeted area between those bucket seats? I’d like that area covered/ protected from my roaming little dogs should they have muddy paws. I’d love to see a pics of the weathertech mats or similar installed. When visiting Husky and Weathertech sites, I can’t see what I’m looking for. If they don’t cover that area, I think I could always cut a piece of rubber mat to connect 2nd and 3rd row mats... This would be for a Tahoe should it matter, 2019.

I threw a leftover rubber floor mat in this gap between the buckets, but it appears as if the third row mat includes this center section. Make sure you order appropriately for if you have a Yukon or Yukon XL.

153_79ad1ec6-b6c0-472f-81fd-244350ab8928_1800x1800.jpg

A0136_B0153_C0153_E0153_79ad1ec6-b6c0-472f-81fd-244350ab8928_1800x1800[1].jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Related question, I hope it’s okay to ask here as y’all have had various nice quality floor mats - For 2nd row captains chairs, do any of the vendors’ mats cover the open carpeted area between those bucket seats? I’d like that area covered/ protected from my roaming little dogs should they have muddy paws. I’d love to see a pics of the weathertech mats or similar installed. When visiting Husky and Weathertech sites, I can’t see what I’m looking for. If they don’t cover that area, I think I could always cut a piece of rubber mat to connect 2nd and 3rd row mats... This would be for a Tahoe should it matter, 2019.
Excuse the dirt, I haven’t cleaned up after last snow here. 2nd row buckets, 2019 yuk denali xl.
I bought these because wife was complaining the carpeted Lloyd mats were hard to clean... winter I’ll use these summer back to the full carpeted set.

E0EA6BBF-2BD9-410A-A5A9-B1305AD1C863.jpeg 6A111B8B-3C2C-4FF3-AA3E-6A5154A31E6A.jpeg 44264A83-7A56-4EB1-B42A-123FB5A53F7E.jpeg

ToySnakePMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Galante & Blaine - Thank you very much for the replies and photos. I’m glad to see that the Smartliner mats cover that open area between the seats. My new to me ‘19 Tahoe appears to have some nice GM rubber mats that don’t provide the floor coverage you just showed me. Thanks! And I’m probably most perplexed now when you said your wife finds the Lloyd carpeted mats are hard to clean.... ??? Doesn’t compute. My wife has never attempted to clean any of our cars. Her job is to run them out of gas and leave ‘em full of Starbuck cups and napkins! My job is to fight those 2 battles and wash and wax as needed, lol.

Scotty54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PLEASE . . . PLEASE

Buy American folks! There is a $30 difference between Weathertech and Smartliner (for my other Chevy) and I am thrilled to pay up to get American made. I don't fuss too much about Mexican, Canadian, European or even Vietnam made products, but China is slowly destroying our economy and every purchase of Chinese goods hastens our demise. We have equal trading partners around the world but our trade deficit with the Chinese is destructive. This is not liberal vs conservative politics - it is economics.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Galante & Blaine - Thank you very much for the replies and photos. I’m glad to see that the Smartliner mats cover that open area between the seats. My new to me ‘19 Tahoe appears to have some nice GM rubber mats that don’t provide the floor coverage you just showed me. Thanks! And I’m probably most perplexed now when you said your wife finds the Lloyd carpeted mats are hard to clean.... ??? Doesn’t compute. My wife has never attempted to clean any of our cars. Her job is to run them out of gas and leave ‘em full of Starbuck cups and napkins! My job is to fight those 2 battles and wash and wax as needed, lol.

It depends on which Smartliner set you buy if it covers the section in-between the 2nd row Captains' chairs. Same way for Weathertech I believe.

PLEASE . . . PLEASE

Buy American folks! There is a $30 difference between Weathertech and Smartliner (for my other Chevy) and I am thrilled to pay up to get American made. I don't fuss too much about Mexican, Canadian, European or even Vietnam made products, but China is slowly destroying our economy and every purchase of Chinese goods hastens our demise. We have equal trading partners around the world but our trade deficit with the Chinese is destructive. This is not liberal vs conservative politics - it is economics.

I don't disagree with you at all. At the same time I do enjoy a savings for virtually the same quality, fit, and finish.

And lastly, I find carpeted flooring in any vehicle to be relatively dumb. I don't find that the carpet adds any comfort to the vehicle what so ever especially when we cover it with rubberized and plastic liners anyhow.

I understand the carpeting adds some sound insulating properties however a decent quality nylon floor covering can also contain an insulating material between the steel floor and nylon floor covering at all while at the same time not getting embedded filth like automotive carpets do.

Doesn't it seem a bit silly for carpet to be anywhere in which the occupants walk over it with shoes? We don't wear shoes in our home, but in your vehicle you have no choice.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
How did their retention systems compare (ie floor anchors)? Not being familiar with the 2015-20, do they have OEM anchor points, did they use floor screws, or depend on tight fit or little bottom spikes?

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did their retention systems compare (ie floor anchors)? Not being familiar with the 2015-20, do they have OEM anchor points, did they use floor screws, or depend on tight fit or little bottom spikes?

The only retention is for the driver with 2 snap fittings in the carpet. The remainder relies on a tight fit. No sharp nubs on the backside of these Smartliners or any of the other custom fit liners.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on which Smartliner set you buy if it covers the section in-between the 2nd row Captains' chairs. Same way for Weathertech I believe.

I don't disagree with you at all. At the same time I do enjoy a savings for virtually the same quality, fit, and finish.

And lastly, I find carpeted flooring in any vehicle to be relatively dumb. I don't find that the carpet adds any comfort to the vehicle what so ever especially when we cover it with rubberized and plastic liners anyhow.

I understand the carpeting adds some sound insulating properties however a decent quality nylon floor covering can also contain an insulating material between the steel floor and nylon floor covering at all while at the same time not getting embedded filth like automotive carpets do.

Doesn't it seem a bit silly for carpet to be anywhere in which the occupants walk over it with shoes? We don't wear shoes in our home, but in your vehicle you have no choice.

I’ll have to disagree with you here, carpet in vehicles makes all the difference on long trips or comfort in general.

And....you would be surprised how many people wear shoes in their home, carpet and all.
To me, knowing what I walk through all day at work, or even during the course of a non work day.... it isn’t very hygienic...especially when my kids were crawling around on the floor when babies....my white socks stay white in my home not only because of no shoes but also due to my wife’s refusal to have anything dirty...... (except the outside of my trucks.... I still can’t get her to run the ******* thing through a car wash once and a while)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy