SmartLiner vs. YitaMotor Custom Fit Floor Liners Side By Side Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I got lucky with both purchases this year. My truck and wife’s Suburban both had WeatherTechs installed by the POs.

My previous truck (GMT900 Silverado) had GM rubber mats front and rear and they also worked great. Not the same coverage as the others, especially in the back, but still adequate for my needs and the conditions in Texas.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I got lucky with both purchases this year. My truck and wife’s Suburban both had WeatherTechs installed by the POs.

My previous truck (GMT900 Silverado) had GM rubber mats front and rear and they also worked great. Not the same coverage as the others, especially in the back, but still adequate for my needs and the conditions in Texas.

My Father in law bought a used 2014 4.3 Silverado in 2017 and bought WeatherTechs for it. A year later he traded it for a 2018 5.3 Silverado and it came with the General Motors floor mats that are very similar to WeatherTechs.

I wouldn't be surprised if SmartLiner or some other similar brand do contract work for OEMs. These custom fit floor liners are more common now than they ever were before. Just because they are far superior to anything that is a universal fit floor mat.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My Father in law bought a used 2014 4.3 Silverado in 2017 and bought WeatherTechs for it. A year later he traded it for a 2018 5.3 Silverado and it came with the General Motors floor mats that are very similar to WeatherTechs.

I wouldn't be surprised if SmartLiner or some other similar brand do contract work for OEMs. These custom fit floor liners are more common now than they ever were before. Just because they are far superior to anything that is a universal fit floor mat.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup, those things seem wildly popular nowadays. And WeatherTech seems to have branched out into all kinds or other stuff too.

In case ours hadn’t come with them already, I’d have shopped around, but not sure if I’d necessarily have chosen WTs. Price is kinda salty, IMO. Or maybe I would’ve... I would’ve shopped around and done research at least.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people just like to visit their HQ. It's within about an hour from us. They do sell everything but some of it is gimmicky. Like a cup holder mounted phone mount. Sucks because A) you have t look down to navigate and B) it consumes 1 of your cup holders.

ToySnakePMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Related question, I hope it’s okay to ask here as y’all have had various nice quality floor mats - For 2nd row captains chairs, do any of the vendors’ mats cover the open carpeted area between those bucket seats? I’d like that area covered/ protected from my roaming little dogs should they have muddy paws. I’d love to see a pics of the weathertech mats or similar installed. When visiting Husky and Weathertech sites, I can’t see what I’m looking for. If they don’t cover that area, I think I could always cut a piece of rubber mat to connect 2nd and 3rd row mats... This would be for a Tahoe should it matter, 2019.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people just like to visit their HQ. It's within about an hour from us. They do sell everything but some of it is gimmicky. Like a cup holder mounted phone mount. Sucks because A) you have t look down to navigate and B) it consumes 1 of your cup holders.

My wife bought one of those from Costco a little while back. I think it’s Scosche, not WT. IMO, pretty useless and she’s luckily now kinda leaning that way too.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Related question, I hope it’s okay to ask here as y’all have had various nice quality floor mats - For 2nd row captains chairs, do any of the vendors’ mats cover the open carpeted area between those bucket seats? I’d like that area covered/ protected from my roaming little dogs should they have muddy paws. I’d love to see a pics of the weathertech mats or similar installed. When visiting Husky and Weathertech sites, I can’t see what I’m looking for. If they don’t cover that area, I think I could always cut a piece of rubber mat to connect 2nd and 3rd row mats... This would be for a Tahoe should it matter, 2019.
Smartliner covers entire carpeted area in my denali ..with buckets fyi

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SmarLiners fit very well and look great. I would consider them a direct equal to WeatherTech personally, in regards to fit and size. I just have 1st and 2nd row. They do make a 3rd row and cargo mat as well if you need it.

Obviously the YitaMotor liners don't provide the same coverage due to their smaller shape. I also cannot comment on Husky Liners as I have never done a side by side comparison with them. With that being said, I have 4 of Husky Liner's molded mud flaps and they've been great for the last 11 months as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts