SLP Resonator Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of where it mounts? Close ups?
All I can find is pictures of the tips, no other detailed pics.

Thanks

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool, thank you Joe, I appreciate that. And, awesome video. Great job.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sawzall did the trick, quickly.

Is there a way to make it hang a bit lower? It's awfully close to the bottom of the bumper.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool, thank you Joe, I appreciate that. And, awesome video. Great job.

Your welcome! Not my video. I found it on YouTube. I was also curious on the install when I bought the same kit for my Denali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sawzall did the trick, quickly.

Is there a way to make it hang a bit lower? It's awfully close to the bottom of the bumper.

I (and several others here) had to bend the hanger on mine to drop down and acceptable distance. I mentioned to SLP but never heard back. :hmmm2:

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I still have the stock resonator, but when I had the Magnaflow muffler installed originally, I had the resonator left in place. It was too quiet for me so I went back and had them remove it. It's great except at high way speeds, there is quite a bit of drone. Just wondering if an aftermarket resonator will be somewhere in between the two extremes of stock res and no res. Any thoughts?

That's odd. I have a MagnaFlow 12589 and an SLP resonator delete and don't experience any drone on the highway. Truthfully, with the A/C and radio on, I wouldn't know it was any different from stock. With these turned off I can tell, but its nowhere near at droning levels. At least on my truck...

jetmech

Reaction score
Apparently the SLP R/D drone is hit or miss, I guess it depends on the calibration of the users ear. I'm still debating buying one for the looks but don't want the highway drone, especially when DOD kicks in

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drone with the stock exhaust. I seriously doubt the AFM will kick in at highway speeds unless you have a tail wind. Or going downhill. ;)

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drone with the stock exhaust. I seriously doubt the AFM will kick in at highway speeds unless you have a tail wind. Or going downhill. ;)

Watch your DIC and see how often DoD kicks in and out. You'll be amazed. Before I had mine disabled it would kick in and out constantly on the highway. I could actually keep it in V4 mode steadily if I was light enough on the throttle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe