SLP Resonator Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollinHorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pardon the ignorance, but by SLP resonator delete, I assume you guys are talking about swapping out the stock resonator with an SLP aftermarket resonator?

Would just like to be sure, because I recently installed the Magnaflow 12589 muffler and had the shop completely remove the stock resonator and it's a bit too loud at highway speeds.. Would like to throw an aftermarket resonator on there to get a happy medium. Thanks guys

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon the ignorance, but by SLP resonator delete, I assume you guys are talking about swapping out the stock resonator with an SLP aftermarket resonator?

Would just like to be sure, because I recently installed the Magnaflow 12589 muffler and had the shop completely remove the stock resonator and it's a bit too loud at highway speeds.. Would like to throw an aftermarket resonator on there to get a happy medium. Thanks guys
Can't you have the shop that did your exhaust work put the stock resonator back on?

RollinHorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I still have the stock resonator, but when I had the Magnaflow muffler installed originally, I had the resonator left in place. It was too quiet for me so I went back and had them remove it. It's great except at high way speeds, there is quite a bit of drone. Just wondering if an aftermarket resonator will be somewhere in between the two extremes of stock res and no res. Any thoughts?

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you all cut off the stock resonator? I'm guessing I need a sawzall.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a Sawzall. Remember measure twice and cut once. Or is it the other way around? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts