SLP resonator delete? 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered it for my 2019 off amazon, so free return if I cant get it to work. It will be here Friday. It will be paired with K&N CAI, Range device and open butterfly valve.
Definitely following.... Hopefully it'll be a direct fit. Thank you for trying it out! Looking forward to your updates.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deleted the muffler on my 2017 Suburban but left the resonator. Sounds decent but the drone is pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wondered about that. I used to have a 4th generation camaro and trans am.... I literally tried every exhaust you could imagine trying to find one with great sound and no drone. Corsa was literally the only one. I don't want it to drone bad.. not with my kids occasionally riding in it.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered about that. I used to have a 4th generation camaro and trans am.... I literally tried every exhaust you could imagine trying to find one with great sound and no drone. Corsa was literally the only one. I don't want it to drone bad.. not with my kids occasionally riding in it.

Yeah it’s enough drone to make me want to buy a muffler. Any suggestions? Lol

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s enough drone to make me want to buy a muffler. Any suggestions? Lol

I can't speak for the Corsa system for the Tahoe/Yukon's... but I was very impressed with the system I had on my cars. If I had the money, I would own a new Corsa for my Tahoe as well.

As for the drone without the muffler, I'm honestly not sure. You could probably do something like dynamat on the floor, but for the cost and hassle adding a different muffler may be easier.

Someone else may have better advise that has traveled this route.

Nick

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the Corsa system for the Tahoe/Yukon's... but I was very impressed with the system I had on my cars. If I had the money, I would own a new Corsa for my Tahoe as well.

As for the drone without the muffler, I'm honestly not sure. You could probably do something like dynamat on the floor, but for the cost and hassle adding a different muffler may be easier.

Someone else may have better advise that has traveled this route.

Nick

Yeah I’m just going to add a muffler. Just not sure which one. I need to do some research.

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
Well its definitely not a direct bolt on for the 2015+. BUT I made it work. The tips are kind of sunken in, would like them to come out a little further. Will end up cutting off the hanger on the new pipe and welding a new hanger on to line up better instead of the rig job ive got going on now.

IMG_5832.JPG IMG_5830.JPG IMG_5831.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its definitely not a direct bolt on for the 2015+. BUT I made it work. The tips are kind of sunken in, would like them to come out a little further. Will end up cutting off the hanger on the new pipe and welding a new hanger on to line up better instead of the rig job ive got going on now.

View attachment 256405 View attachment 256403 View attachment 256406
Do you have a picture from the outside/side? Looks really good. Did you notice much difference in sound? I definitely want to do this on mine as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st