SLP exhaust mod 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nath

Reaction score
Hello all, has anyone installed the slp exhaust mod, you remove the resonator and it essentially looks like a corsa dual tip, I have replaced the stock muffler with a flowmaster and now am thinking about doing this on my 2007 Tahoe LT 4wd. I was told that the resonator removes about 10% of sound ergo 10% sound increase with it removed.
Just wondering if anyone has performed this mod.
Nath

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it and it did increase the sound but it would also drone. A lot of people on here say theirs doesn't drone and I certainly can't say they are wrong.

Drone is an exhaust sound but it usually occurs (resonates in the cabin) when you reach a certain RPM typically about 1500 to 1800 RPM. With the resonator gone and with normal acceleration I would hear the exhaust more as it reached these RPM's and then quieter when it shifted to below these RPM's so it was sound, quieter, sound, quieter etc as it went through the gears. I could also hear it more at cruising speed since it was always in this RPM range although I would not call it loud.

I installed the Corsa Touring and it is close to the same loudness level but more constant when a load is placed on the engine and louder as the load increases and not just RPM's. It has the helmholtz chambers in the mufflers so no drone. It also has a deeper sound.

GM goes to the expense of putting resonators on these vehicles for a reason. JMHO.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Nath.......Video........Video.........Video.......

I have the SLP tips ONLY. I experience NO drone.

Though I consider "drone" to be the resonation in TOP gear at a cruising speed. Not during accel toward the cruising speed.

LSJRL07

Reaction score
I have the same as goodinblack, tip/resonator delete only and no drone. I remember drone from my dads obs Burban as a kid. He put a magnaflow cat back on it and it droned like crazy!

racephan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same as goodinblack, tip/resonator delete only and no drone. I remember drone from my dads obs Burban as a kid. He put a magnaflow cat back on it and it droned like crazy!

Does anyone know of a sound clip from inside the vehicle with the SLP tip/resonator delete kit?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow cat back and no drone.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The delete alone I don't think would even register on a camera.

Go listen to a Denali.......quieter than that.

From my CB Radio.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is year also, the newer trucks have 3 cats where as the older ones had just two, it also makes a decent difference on the sound level. Some of the guys with newer trucks probably dont have much drone even removing it(with an AM muffler) due to the 3rd cat also.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SLP tip and no drone. I think the main purpose of the resonator was to kill the exhaust note present when in V4 mode.