Silverado off-road bumper on Tahoe…will it fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall 008

Reaction score
Well, I have searched around a bit on this without much luck. I wondering if this will work as the bumper options out there for our 07-14 Tahoe’s aren’t very desirable in my opinion. The look and function is not my cup of tea.
I want something that is low profile, functional, and isn’t overweight. I really like the look of this one from Rough Country.

Has anyone tried fitting one from the same year Silverado onto a Tahoe?? I’m open to suggestions or ideas.
Tks

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw your reply on another thread, but thought it might be helpful for others here. This particular generation has been so poorly underserved. I hunted forever and I've been bombarded with requests for a Chevy Tahoe/ Suburban specific bumpers. Chassis Unlimited agreed to put it into production if we sell them. I just put them up for pre-order this afternoon and we're rolling! baselineoverland.com
As for modifying a Silverado bumper it's probably not impossible, but extensive. The grill, headlights, brackets, forward spacing is all different. A GMC Sierra bumper would be closer to fitting the Tahoe than the Silverado, but the headlights are closer together on the Tahoe than on the Yukon. And the grill isn't quite the same either. The Silverado headlights are way further apart than the Tahoe. It's amazing how much goes into each specific bumper. I was able to make the modifications to a Sierra bumper to fit the Yukon before getting them to agree to produce it as well, but I did a lot of research and also got pretty lucky. I really like how low profile this bumper is compared to some of the other enormous options out there which cost more and are 16+ weeks out. This one only weighs about 90 lbs. New pre-orders will be ready in about 8 weeks. After that they typically run about 5 weeks.
The Chevy Version will be fairly similar to this GMC version Chassis Unlimited Octane GMC Yukon Winch Bumper 2007 2014_1780 Baseline Overland Roof Rack 5.jpg

OP
OP
M

Marshall 008

Reaction score
Thanks for reaching out. That bumper does look more functional and better than almost all of the ones available for our SUV’s.

This is my OCD pickyness, I prefer a more tighter fit to the original body lines. In your pictures it looks like the outside of the bumper flares out as it rounds the headlights and returns back towards the wheel wells. I think this is why I really like the RC one because it appears to be low profile and snug fitting.

One that I really like is made for a Toyota Tundra.

I wouldn’t even be opposed to trimming/shortening the vertical height of the front grill so that the bumper has a straight line all the way across from one headlight to the other.

Is there going to be different options for lighting? Light bar vs pods? Is the winch Mount specific to a particular brand?

I think for what I want, I will need to make one.
I do like the roof rack setup. Is it compatible with sunroofs?

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reaching out. That bumper does look more functional and better than almost all of the ones available for our SUV’s.

This is my OCD pickyness, I prefer a more tighter fit to the original body lines. In your pictures it looks like the outside of the bumper flares out as it rounds the headlights and returns back towards the wheel wells. I think this is why I really like the RC one because it appears to be low profile and snug fitting.

One that I really like is made for a Toyota Tundra.

I wouldn’t even be opposed to trimming/shortening the vertical height of the front grill so that the bumper has a straight line all the way across from one headlight to the other.

Is there going to be different options for lighting? Light bar vs pods? Is the winch Mount specific to a particular brand?

I think for what I want, I will need to make one.
I do like the roof rack setup. Is it compatible with sunroofs?
This is about as tight fitting as you'll find. Actually there is only one other bumper I've seen for GMC and a couple others for Chevy's and they're all massive. It sticks out about an inch from the headlights. Overall it's about the same overall extension as the stock bumper cover, but much better ground/ tire clearance. The RC one is about the same or bigger, but it won't fit the SUV. I like that tundra bumper as well - same manufacturer. I actually saw one that was custom made like this and I was glad I didn't go that route after I saw it. It looked bad. The Yukon profile just doesn't translate like the Tundra.

Check out baselineoverland.com for all the details, but yes, the center section can accommodate either a straight or curved light bar or up to 8 pod lights. On this particular model most winches will fit. Some of the other low profile bumpers require relocating the control pack, but this one doesn't. I have a Warn EVO 12S in mine. Anything about that size should fit fine.

The roof rack is compatible with the sunroof. I adjusted the layout for a little more overall flexibility, so the roof rail could interfere with the tilt function if you move it toward the back half of the adjustable range.

Currently offering $400 off on a bumper and rack purchase.

OP
OP
M

Marshall 008

Reaction score
This is about as tight fitting as you'll find. Actually there is only one other bumper I've seen for GMC and a couple others for Chevy's and they're all massive. It sticks out about an inch from the headlights. Overall it's about the same overall extension as the stock bumper cover, but much better ground/ tire clearance. The RC one is about the same or bigger, but it won't fit the SUV. I like that tundra bumper as well - same manufacturer. I actually saw one that was custom made like this and I was glad I didn't go that route after I saw it. It looked bad. The Yukon profile just doesn't translate like the Tundra.

Check out baselineoverland.com for all the details, but yes, the center section can accommodate either a straight or curved light bar or up to 8 pod lights. On this particular model most winches will fit. Some of the other low profile bumpers require relocating the control pack, but this one doesn't. I have a Warn EVO 12S in mine. Anything about that size should fit fine.

The roof rack is compatible with the sunroof. I adjusted the layout for a little more overall flexibility, so the roof rail could interfere with the tilt function if you move it toward the back half of the adjustable range.

Currently offering $400 off on a bumper and rack purchase.
Could you send some up close pictures of the bumper corners, front and bottom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3