Should I lower or lift my 1996 chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattss90

Reaction score
the 2 door is an awesome truck. they look good slammed or turned into a skyscraper. id personally lift it 6" (or around that range) and put a bigger rim on (18x10, 20x10, 20x12 with 33") since you dont like big looking tires. if you dont want to do that, keep the stock rims and put an aggressive tire on like a nitto terra,trail, or mud grappler. i just see it pointless to lower a 4x4. thats not what it was intended for(not to mention tht i read somewhere on this forum that some serious mechanic work needs to get done if lowered... i could be misinformed) and itll waste more MPG even when not in 4x4 and if you just had a 2x4.

just my two cents.:)

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about leaving it alone and saving that money for better wheels and tires? You can still get big rims and good all terrain tires without paying for altered suspension geometry and the headaches that go along with it.

OP
OP
bell5606

bell5606

Reaction score
How about leaving it alone and saving that money for better wheels and tires? You can still get big rims and good all terrain tires without paying for altered suspension geometry and the headaches that go along with it.
You have a good point I might have to do that thanks man.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

the 2 door is an awesome truck. they look good slammed or turned into a skyscraper. id personally lift it 6" (or around that range) and put a bigger rim on (18x10, 20x10, 20x12 with 33") since you dont like big looking tires. if you dont want to do that, keep the stock rims and put an aggressive tire on like a nitto terra,trail, or mud grappler. i just see it pointless to lower a 4x4. thats not what it was intended for(not to mention tht i read somewhere on this forum that some serious mechanic work needs to get done if lowered... i could be misinformed) and itll waste more MPG even when not in 4x4 and if you just had a 2x4.

just my two cents.:)
Ok I see what you are saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyfur

Latest posts