Should I buy a 2019 Tahoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have an NNBS, that might not really be high mileage ;)

its always good to let someone else take the depreciation hit, if you have a choice.
given 2021 has lots of new stuff, could also be a good idea to let them find & work out any kinks.
since we all know they use us as the lab rats LOL

so is it worth maintaining yours for another few years? if so, wait.
otherwise an '18 or '19 could be in your future :)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Depending on what you have and where you are, the depreciation the dealer does at trade in would be foolish to take on a trade in instead of selling to a private party. If I had money to burn and you are itching for something else, then get the 2019 and wait out the bugs problems on the 2021. I like keeping what works for me and not making payments and insurance at a lower level and knowing what is what with what I drive. That 2019 is used. You know only what someone says about it. In the end, you will either talk yourself in to it or talk yourself out of it.

OP
OP
playadude

playadude

Reaction score
Thank you guys !

The 2019 I drove was a rental car, so I'm not really excited about that, especially here in Denver since everybody rents them and hauls ass up to the mountains, ( pretty tough duty).

It did drive way better than my 2011. I really like the interior compared to my 2011 model as well.

By the way, I drove a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (5.7 hemi) when I drove this 2019 tahoe, and it wasn't even close.

The Tahoe is such an amazing ride on our crappy roads.

Thank you again.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a nice clean used Tahoe. If it checks all the boxes for you, go get it. drive if for a few years and trade it in on a 2022 model. I went from a really nice '12 to a 2015 and love that decision every time I climb in the seat.

OP
OP
playadude

playadude

Reaction score
Thanks Phil, I noticed that the 2015 + (This Tahoe is 2019) felt way different than my 2011.

The one I tested was a rental car, it looks like echopark dealership has all rental car returns in their tahoe inventory.

Not sure how I feel about that.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I recently, 3-4 months ago thought I needed a newer rig. 2007 to 2014. I just was not comfortable in them. Shoulder comfort in seat sucked. More plastic everywhere. Give me a low mileage 2000 to 2006 any day. Ride in a newer one was great but I just look at the overall picture.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil, I noticed that the 2015 + (This Tahoe is 2019) felt way different than my 2011.

The one I tested was a rental car, it looks like echopark dealership has all rental car returns in their tahoe inventory.

Not sure how I feel about that.

That Tahoe looks exactly like mine. You should be able to get all service records. If possible have a independent mechanic check it out. If you can get a decent warranty and all checks out I would buy it.

The bulk of my vehicles [plus everyone in my family] were all former rentals. No issues to report with those rentals. According to service records they were all serviced every 5K miles or less.

I did buy my 16 Tahoe LT new but that was because it was just 5K bucks more then a used one from Enterprise with over 40K miles on it at that time in August 2016.

I take mine on long trips several times a year and it is pleasure to drive.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends upon the condition and price of the vehicle and what you can afford. For a few thousand dollars I have always gone new.

However, last year, I bought a current model year rental return Volvo only because it had 15k miles on it and it had been serviced on time at a Volvo dealership and the price was $17 less than a new one.

While the car developed some issues that were fixed under warranty, they were not related to the fact that it had been a rental. I ended up trading it for a new, larger wagon because the larger one met my needs better (did not have to shoehorn my 6 foot plus tall kids into the back seat) and the new wagon was heavily discounted at the end of the year to clear the inventory out!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71