Should I buy a '15 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
although the 2nd one is color & rims you want, its almost out of warranty. so keep that in mind

as others have said drive the snot out of it. side roads & highway
check the forum here, there is a list of things to look out for.

i have a '15 burb & love it. its been good for me, just a couple of little things so far.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start by first fully funding your Roth IRA. Then buy your wheels, but avoid (or minimize) any debt to do it. If you fully fund your Roth starting at 19, you can be a multi millionaire when you retire...and it's tax-free!

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price is a little high for the mileage isn’t it and do you really need a Suburban or XL? Standard length Tahoe or Yukon will be cheaper. Granted your situation is a great one to be in with the money you’re making but honestly if I could’ve done one thing different in my life it would’ve been to not dump a lot of money on cars when I was younger. I was in the same boat as you. Full-time job making a lot of money, part time job making a lot of money and detailing cars making a lot of money and I blew it on cars and car parts. Also spent too much money chasing after my next ex girlfriend but that’s another story.
I’d stay away from a ‘15 anything just due to the litany of problems they had being first model year. I was shopping for a ‘15 or newer but ended up with a ‘12 Escalade Premium and couldn’t be happier. As mentioned before keep saving and put more money down either on the EXACT vehicle you want or the one you want without the wheels, those can be gotten later and you’ll probably need tires anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Protect1989

Reaction score
I’m torn on this one. I’m a firm believer of get what you love and enjoy it. You’ll always regret the things you didn’t do and it sounds like you’re doing pretty well financially. So here would be my .02:

1) why the suburban? Get the Tahoe or Yukon. Owning a house doesn’t mean that you need the extra space of the suburban. The shorter wheelbase will serve you far better for your day to day living. Aesthetically it’s identical to the suburban, just shorter.

2) What are you currently saving? I don’t need an actual answer I’m just saying it to consider everything. I completely agree with the user who talked about the Roth IRA. Start saving now and let that money grow over the years. You’ll be real happy you did in the long run.

3) Take a few minutes and write out all your monthly expenses. Netflix, insurance, food, toys, etc. it’s eye opening to see how much actual take home money you make and subtracting living expenses. If anything it just helps for a more knowledgeable decision.

At the end of the day, it’s your call and your money. If you can purchase it and it won’t adversely affect your day to day life monetarily then go for it. Get whatever you love to drive and don’t look back.

OP
OP
T

Tugglespa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m torn on this one. I’m a firm believer of get what you love and enjoy it. You’ll always regret the things you didn’t do and it sounds like you’re doing pretty well financially. So here would be my .02:

1) why the suburban? Get the Tahoe or Yukon. Owning a house doesn’t mean that you need the extra space of the suburban. The shorter wheelbase will serve you far better for your day to day living. Aesthetically it’s identical to the suburban, just shorter.

2) What are you currently saving? I don’t need an actual answer I’m just saying it to consider everything. I completely agree with the user who talked about the Roth IRA. Start saving now and let that money grow over the years. You’ll be real happy you did in the long run.

3) Take a few minutes and write out all your monthly expenses. Netflix, insurance, food, toys, etc. it’s eye opening to see how much actual take home money you make and subtracting living expenses. If anything it just helps for a more knowledgeable decision.

At the end of the day, it’s your call and your money. If you can purchase it and it won’t adversely affect your day to day life monetarily then go for it. Get whatever you love to drive and don’t look back.
My expenses are insurance $210. Gas. Netflix $14. Other than that I eat out a couple times a month but that's it

Protect1989

Reaction score
So if I understand correctly, you are bringing around 6k/month after taxes and your monthly expenses come out to around $250?

If that’s the case then absolutely get it. You’re doing incredibly well for your age. You could extremely easily put a good amount of way for retirement while also affording the vehicle that you want. Hell with that sort of financial breakdown you can probably afford a new one instead of used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123