shocks What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BULLDAWG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Z71 4x4 Suburban. I'm ready for a new set of shocks and was wondering what everyone else is running. The guy at the local tire shop suggested Monroe Reflex I'm not sure and would like to see what everyone else is running due to the weight of this vehicle. I'm running two per corner on my big truck but obviously a truck on 38's and a suburban are two different animals.

I dont pull anything heavy with the Suburban but woud like something that keeps the body roll to a minimum and the tires on the road when cornering.

Suburbinator

Reaction score
I went with Bilstein because of their reputation, and years of using them on my Jeep. They've been great, BUT to my surprise, there was no significant performance improvement over the factory stuff, if any at all. I've know the Bilstein name buys longevity over the cheaper stuff, so that alone was worth it to me...

NYrr496

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed Edelbrock IAC shocks in my old 98 Yukon when it had 100,000 miles on it. At 205,000 the shocks were still good, but the bushing had failed on one. I called Edelbrock, they sent me a complete set of bushings for free. My brother still has the truck and it just turned 250,000 with those shocks in it. I'll be getting them for my 09 when it's time.

Rad Ride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am using the Factory/OEM Heavy Duty shocks, but the Front and Rear Performance Sway Bars & Bushings helps limit the body roll.

dianna84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 02' Yukon XL 4x4 5.3L with the stock auto air suspension, i blew the air compressor...can I just swap to regular shocks without air ride?

newdriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 02' Yukon XL 4x4 5.3L with the stock auto air suspension, i blew the air compressor...can I just swap to regular shocks without air ride?

yes= but the "service ride" would show up in the dash
choices:
-get a new one from arnottindustries.com
-put regular shocks but you need to put resistors on the wires so the service ride won't come up(forgot the ohms) and if you tow, need to replace the springs to heavy duty ( i guess you can put H2 springs-hummer)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe