Shes is out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old motor is out now!!!!

Attachments

• FxCam_1291818897515.jpg
    FxCam_1291818897515.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 41

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun....I'm sure I'll have to do it at some point. ~220k and still running strong though. I've pulled other motors before and have always found it easier to unbolt the collector from the manifold and pull the manifolds with the engine. Is that not the case with these trucks?

OP
OP
Ski

Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a pain... Im doing it outside its cold lol... I tried to get those bolts loose at the end of the manifold couldnt get them 2 break loose..... a replacement vortec 350.... My job brought a 99 tahoe with 50,000miles, on the first transfer, an officer total it out, so I ask my capt. can I get the motor out of it..

OP
OP
Ski

Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... What is a pig.... Or whats ur definition of a pig... Lol

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Be careful it might be 2 many pigs around.... Lol

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haah

anyways, looks like fun, reminds me of those old times i had with the hoe when i bought her with no motor. ahh that sucked *******.. do what i should of done for me btw, clean the frame inside there and paint it. i still punch myself in the dick for not painting under the motors frame

oldsalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job Ski. Bit of advice- soak those manifold bolts and put the manifolds on the engine before putting it back in. I've never had manifolds fit when putting them back on. You may have to use a little heat and a spreader to get them back on.
I'm with Atomichoe, bag and tape all the wires and pressure wash the engine compartment. Besides looking good it's just nice to put everything back together in a nice clean engine compartment.

Good job. Good luck. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Ski

Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my other engine in.... It was a pain n da .... Lol..... Just got 2 wire her up the next day im off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz