She just arrived: Summit White Denali: Update: Transmission fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WittyMathGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is exactly what I want to do when mine comes in! I wish there was an official program to swap them out. These things look so much better with the smaller wheel / larger tire combo. Swapped K02's onto my Land Cruiser in the next size larger, and it just made the truck look perfect. Drove just as well too. I'd also love the ride advantage of going from the 22's to the 20's. Every time I watch a review that praises the ride, it's the AT4 with mag/air/20's.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I want to do when mine comes in! I wish there was an official program to swap them out. These things look so much better with the smaller wheel / larger tire combo. Swapped K02's onto my Land Cruiser in the next size larger, and it just made the truck look perfect. Drove just as well too. I'd also love the ride advantage of going from the 22's to the 20's. Every time I watch a review that praises the ride, it's the AT4 with mag/air/20's.

I couldn’t agree more! I’ll update this thread (unless the mods prefer me to do so in the Exterior sub forum) on ride characteristics, etc. over the course of the next few months. I’ll also be able to comment on a comparison as I’ll be mounting the 22”s back on in the late spring.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate turn of events: while getting my clear bra and window tint done, they informed me a huge pool of transmission fluid had leaked out on to their floor. Checked at home and a bunch there too. FML. Less than 100 miles on the odometer and back to the dealership. PRAYING this isn’t foreshadowing what’s to follow :(

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Unfortunate turn of events: while getting my clear bra and window tint done, they informed me a huge pool of transmission fluid had leaked out on to their floor. Checked at home and a bunch there too. FML. Less than 100 miles on the odometer and back to the dealership. PRAYING this isn’t foreshadowing what’s to follow :(

OMG, that is crazy. Let's us know what the diagnostic is.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hate to hear that. I sure hoped that quality would start improving as we get closer to their one year anniversary. Mine has been in dealer service 7 times in 6 months.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the tranny leak.

what did they have to do with the tire swap. Any reprogramming?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear. Hope your dealer gets it fixed quickly and efficiently!

Brix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WOO HOO!!! New Yukon Monday! Looks (a lot) like all your rides but this one’s mine! Specs as follows:

Summit White
Black interior
Premium Package
Adaptive Air Ride/ Prem. Capability 4 wheel drive package
Max tow package
Second row bench

I think this one may be one-on-a-kind as I hadn’t seen another one exactly like it anywhere in the country with the second row bench and optioned as I ordered it. Order placed on 12/3, arrived at dealer on 2/13.

Mods done and planned:
Weathertech floor liners
AT4 20” rims swap with Goodyear Duratracs mounted (arriving tomorrow or Wed) for winter, off-road hunting trips
Front clear bra
Front window tint
Valentine V1 discrete wiring (not hardwired)
Hundo stashed

More photos to follow!

View attachment 270964 View attachment 270965 View attachment 270968 View attachment 270969

(weird: can’t get the photos to show)
Congrats! Received my Pearl Beige Yukon Denali last month, you are going to love it.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to add: Just heard back from the Service Advisor and they found the transmission seal to be defective. One is on order and fingers-crossed, that will fix the problem. Joke of the day:

"Why doesn't GMC build refrigerators?"
(Answer below)

"Because they can't figure out how to make them leak transmission fluid!!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz