Servicing GMC's at Chevy dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience/issues with getting GMC vehicles serviced at Chevrolet dealerships?

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I live in a relatively small city with the only GM new car dealership being Chevrolet only. I'm on my third GMC since '06 and they have done all my warranty and some service work on these vehicles. I have been very happy with them and they are familiar with the GMC as the sister Suburban/Tahoe are almost identical (except for the 6.2, which is why I don't own the Chevy).

I'm unsure if they would be authorized to do warranty work on other GM brands if we had the other brands represented in our city.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, have no GMC dealer in town (It's about 20 miles away in another city). Before I ordered the Yukon I asked the local Chevy dealer if they could perform warranty work and they assured me they could.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the opposite. I serviced my 07 Chevy Avalanche and 07 Cadillac Escalade at a GMC dealership because it was close to my house. The escalade has also been to two different chevy dealerships. GM is GM and it was all warranty work done so it was nice not paying anything but a deductible.

SVL

Reaction score
My 2015 Denali is serviced (quite often) at the Chevy dealer close to my home. They have been more than happy to perform any and all service - they treat me like I bought it there.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
All the same. Just go with whoever has a good reputation and / or specials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz