Service Theft Deterrent System....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
So my 08 Tahoe wouldn't start on first crank, I try again it starts up fine. This happened like 2 or 3 times this past week. I drove to work today, and it started fine every time until a couple hours ago. Put the key in the ignition, turned the key and nothing. I try again, still didn't start and the DIC showed Service Theft Deterrent System. I tried the remote start and it started fine.

I made two more stops before going home and it started fine after both stops. Any idea what the issue might be? I checked the fuse for it and it's fine. I got a BB tune on the 23rd of January, could that have caused anything?

OP
OP
gbleezy

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
Anyone? It happened again this morning but started after the third try. This time the DIC said "Service Air Bag" when it wouldn't start.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I got both of thoe messages once when I got a new key for the truck and was aboutto program them, after that it went away.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
ya you might have to get a retune or put the stock tune back in. i used to have a TBSS that i had tuned at the time when i used to have the truck.... i had the same problem as you. so i sent my modules back to the east coast for a retune and when it got sent back, it was fine for awhile then electronic problems started popping up left and right.

i think thats the reason why im so hesitant on tuning my Yukon right now. i just see it as "if it aint broke, dont fix it".. my Yukon's running like a champ right now and i dont want a tune to mess it up. to me, its a 50/50 chance. the tune may help the truck performance wise, but it also may give you problems...

im just not the one to take another chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohccammer427