Service suspension message after adding resistors and pulling RTD fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeGio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 LTZ. The magnetic ride was terrible. Finally got so bad I opted to swap out front and rear with Icon stage 1 coil over fronts and new non air rears. Added a 1 inch space to the tears and leveled it out. Added 305/55/20 BFGs

love the look but can’t get service suspension light off. Added the four resistors (1 to each shock). Then after driving a bit got the service suspension light on. I also noticed the air compressor was turning on and pumping air into nothing. Tried to determine if I needed more resistors for the rear air auto leveling but couldn’t find anything other than some posts about pulling the RTD fuse after disconnecting the battery. Did that, service suspension light is still on. Now I’m wondering if one of my resistors is bad.
Does anybody know if I need more resistors for rear air leveling system? I guess they would go on the ride height sensors?

truck rides great now. Just prefer not to have the RTD fuse out and want this light off. Would rather add more resistors if that’s an option.

F5399EC3-68C0-4CDA-869C-9C17A48D5019.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install 8 separate units? If not, then that is probably your issue.

I bypassed just the front of my wifes denali and they worked great with no issues at all.

OP
OP
J

JoeGio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you install 8 separate units? If not, then that is probably your issue.

I bypassed just the front of my wifes denali and they worked great with no issues at all.

They installed these resistors...

https://afepower.com/afe-control-43...hock-delete-gm-gen-3-small-connector#overview

but it doesn't say anything about autoride which is why I'm thinking I need another set of resistors for the autoride height sensors.

Did you use 4 units for just the front on your wifes denali?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That company might not offer the resisters for the ride height. Not sure. Xineering does!