Service Instrument Cluster Error 2023 Yukon AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mal2500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this error about 3 weeks ago, entire system shut down and reset and that appeared on my instrument panel. Yukon has been fine since, until it went in for service yesterday, about an hour after picking it up the entire system started going haywire and got stuck on Focus your attention on Driving, will not move. Nothing works but the radio using buttons on steering wheel. I called dealer and they said it needs an update? I receive notifications for auto updates and have gotten none recently, but ok? I am waiting on whatever it needs now to hopefully fix this. Has anyone had this issue?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yours should have had the latest firmware from the factory, so not sure its the same, but I did have this early in my ownership...after it was replaced (after failing to update), has been trouble free.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the cluster can be updated via OTA. Did you take it back to the dealer and get it updated?

As WalleyeMike stated, this was an issue on some '22s and there was a TSB issued for it. Could be they fixed the '22s and the '23s have a newer software level that has a new bug in it causing this issue. With the complexity of the software on these vehicles as they make iterative updates, they seem to make a new bug for every few they get rid of. Case in point the OTA updates being pushed out to update the infotainment along with other things has now caused an issue with the auto fan speed on the HVAC system. That bug was not present until about two OTA update cycles ago.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - it definitely does. I just don't believe the instrument cluster is one of them. I'm basing this on any TSB I've seen mentioning software updates for radio/infotainment, headlights, etc. will mention OTA update in the TSB. There is no mention of OTA update in the cluster TSB attached. I could be wrong, but I believe everyone that has had this cluster issue has had to resolve it directly at the dealership.

Attachments

• Cluster_Update_161dot3.pdf
    127.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Y167_Update.pdf
    138.8 KB · Views: 5

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - it definitely does. I just don't believe the instrument cluster is one of them. I'm basing this on any TSB I've seen mentioning software updates for radio/infotainment, headlights, etc. will mention OTA update in the TSB. There is no mention of OTA update in the cluster TSB attached. I could be wrong, but I believe everyone that has had this cluster issue has had to resolve it directly at the dealership.
I take section C, mentioning the IPC, as being code fixes that address the IPC; now, not sure whether that is an infotainment software update that addresses the issues by fixing the head unit side vs the IPC, but can’t really tell.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that as - the cluster update also needs the radio (infotainment) on the latest update. If it's a fleet vehicle and disconnected from OTA updates, they're advising the dealer tech to make sure to update the radio while also applying the cluster update.

Either way, I don't think we'll ever know for certain. I just hope that GM gets a more robust OTA update process and fixes things without breaking other things in future updates. There's always a bit of nerves each time I hit the button to accept the OTA update...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz