separate rear seat audio from front seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoeHammer865

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got an '03 Denali with BOSE audio and the factory RSE/DVD player. The book and all logical knowledge indicates that one should be able to have the rear audio on the RSE/DVD player while the front seats listen to something else.

For the life of me we can not get it to work separately. The only way to get audio from the DVD player to play through ANY speakers is to have RSE chosen on the dash for ALL sound. :(

The book indicates the plug-in headphones should be able to be DVD while the radio up front. No go though. I can choose CD or other radio while front is radio, but NOT DVD.

Any suggestions? Does this have something to do with the BOSE system?

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help, my rear DVD doesn't work. I need to get some help and diagnose it, but I am guessing the DVD player is dead, it gives me some "disc error" code(not sure, haven't tried in a while).
If you figure this out, please post back, I hope to fix mine soon and would be interested to know.
Again, sorry I am no help

OP
OP
F

FoeHammer865

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still haven't found a solution to this problem. Tired of "watching" every movie the kids are watching....I'd love to have a conversation with my wife.

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy two pair of the wireless headphones that go with the factory system. Then the kids can watch whatever they want, and you can listen to the radio (or your wife).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bison1

Latest posts