Selecting Monitors Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lerchcon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently have a 2007 Tahoe LT with the Bose speakers and a factory deck, the deck has nothing other than a CD player. But I Live in Vegas and spent the past week going to the local custom shops, only to find out that they charge way too much for everything. Anyhow I was told that I will need 2 adapters, one to keep On star which i don't care about,

and the second to keep the steering wheel controls and chimes and all that great stuff?? what harness is this for an after market deck?

I have no experience at all as all the decks I have had in all my vehicles have been single din, now I need a double din but don't want to break the bank, because I am also doing headrest monitors. I have been searching this forum all night and whereas I have found allot of useful info I have not been able to find out what I need, maybe I am just not looking hard enough lol.

here are a few links to what I like please be BRUTALLY honest with me and let me know if these are good or not. I know apples to oranges, but I just need to be happy with my purchase and love clarity in picture and sound. oh by the way I already have 2 10" L7's and a ZX1000.1 amp installed, somehow the company that installed it did it through the factory system without any adapters. Crappy install I am sure but now my headache ( done before i bought it).

Decks I found GPS not important Bluetooth a must

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-DDX...ltDomain_0&hash=item416314d57e#ht_2638wt_1396

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Pionee..._Receivers&hash=item3a714d9b8f#ht_3104wt_1163

Headrest monitors these are for the kids and this is what the installer I talked to today recommended for the price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290523990434#ht_8621wt_1396

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Tview-..._0&hash=item519d910cc3&vxp=mtr#ht_3965wt_1139

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAIR-HE...tDomain_0&hash=item335b318165#ht_10764wt_1396

thanks in advance for any help given

OP
OP
L

lerchcon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would guess with 78 views that there maybe others like me who are lost a little and just need a little guidance from the board members that are more experienced = ) Please Help

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the next model down from that pioneer headunit and i absolutely love it. Navigation on the deck is nice and simple and everything just looks clean. Kinda pissed they came out with another model and ive only had this one for less than a year hahah. I cant help you with the monitors. I dont know a whole lot about them.

iBizzy

Reaction score
I would go with the pioneer, don't think you can go wrong with the Pioneer. When I get my double-din I'm going with Pioneer. I been doing stereo builds for alongs time for myself & friends. I don't install I just pick all the equipment needed. I have not put a bad stereo together no matter what the buget was. I use to get pulled over buy the police way before the no loud music law, just to ask me how did I get my stereo to sound so clear and loud.
I must admit that stereo was banging. I know I had a Alpine cassette deck, alpine 6x9's 3way's in the rear and 2 way's in the front, don't remember the size, but I know they where little. And I had 2 10'' Kicker solo baric free-airs when they 1st came out. I think I was running 2 PPi Amps the white 1 with palm trees on it and a 16 band EQ crossover installed in a 84 Buick 225. I think it only cost me like 2k maybe alittle more.
Thanks for walking down memory lane with me. Those where the days. lol
Here's a pic of the car, mine was just like this. I thought i was the man with my 2'' white walls Pimp'n Pimp'n Pimp'n lol

buick_electra_blue_1983.jpg

OP
OP
L

lerchcon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the little thing in the back of the center console that allows my kids to listen to a different radio station with headphone jacks and adjust there own heat?

I have looked at all the pac adapters you have supplied but I am confused.

is this the one that will work
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-RADIO-RE...RTAINMENT-SYSTEM-/360402844901#ht_4759wt_1163

i have the Bose system, I also have that stereo thing in the back, i want to keep as many functions as possible that are factory?

Bizzy I am glad that i was able to help you remember the days when you could hear well = )

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will allow you to use the radio and send video and audio (wireless headphones) to rear entertainment, only thing you would need is the steering wheel adapter for which ever brand stereo you buy. I am not sure they can select different radio station but I could be wrong. When you look at TV's get one with dual zone.

iBizzy

Reaction score
@Lechcon I know this is hard to believe, my hearing it excellent. Its my vision that's getting bad. lol
Right now to this day I still have BANG. I have a old school set up in my Burban. It came out pretty good considering I only added a Directed 1500d amp with 2 15'' Kicker L5 to the Bose system.

I must admit i Bizzy is a BASS HEAD Suburban Luv'n Bad Muthaf**** "SHUT YouR Mouth dude. lol
Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

OP
OP
L

lerchcon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That will allow you to use the radio and send video and audio (wireless headphones) to rear entertainment, only thing you would need is the steering wheel adapter for which ever brand stereo you buy. I am not sure they can select different radio station but I could be wrong. When you look at TV's get one with dual zone.

OK hopefully i don't upset you by asking so Many questions but here goes anyhow

I know i need a Steering Wheel Interface adapter so i can retain my steering wheel functions, but i don't have rear entertainment yet I was wanting each of my two children to be able to watch two different things at the same time, or play games and i don't want the rear TV headrests going through the headrest monitors, i just want the TV double din to do that. So yes it definitely has to be dual zone.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

bizzy that is why they make flatcreen tv for your car now, all you have to do is make a divider and built in motorized tv lol

OP
OP
L

lerchcon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are so many SWI adapters can someone help me figure out which one is for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy