Seats wont fold forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a GMT900 Suburban that I purchased recently. It has the 60/40 bench seat in the 2nd row and then the 3rd row split 2 seater bench seat. One seat in both rows will not fold forward/flip forward. The back will fold down, but the seat will not fold forward. They are manual seats, and I have tried pulling up with force on the handle and they still will not flip forward. The other seats that do work dont require much force applied to the lever. I am not sure how to troubleshoot or repair. Anyone run into this before?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

I believe that there are some threads on this topic here in the Forum. Folks will chime in.

OP
OP
N

ndol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I did search first, but most of the results seemed to be the reverse of my problem, seats that wouldn't fold up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a broken cable. Look to see where the cable goes and see if it’s pulling the latch open.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And sometimes the latch mechanism gets stuck over time. You might be able to spring it loose with a screwdriver from the back or side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts