Seat up and down doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought a used Escalade from 2006 and I have a problem with or not working seat function.

I am from Germany so I don't know how you exact call this function. My seat adjustment is not going up and down. It moves in every direction, but not up and down. When I move the switch, I hear a silent click under the seat. So it seems that power is coming to the motor, but the motor is not start to turn. I know that from my Chrysler Lebaron. If you use that motors not for long time, they stuck, so I move it up and down for a while, but still without function.

Is there a relay which probably clicks, but the motor is broken? Or is there a known issue with the motor? Have these motors brushes wich wear out?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Long ago mine had the same issue with the front of the seat: it wouldn't move up or down. I removed the seat and used external power to see what was wrong and ended up just freeing up the screw drive since I think it was at its limit.

Recently @89Suburban suggested a similar approach to the problem:

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Silverado had this issue,I just unscrewed the switch pushed on all the plugs and it worked again.

You've probably tried that already though.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long ago mine had the same issue with the front of the seat: it wouldn't move up or down. I removed the seat and used external power to see what was wrong and ended up just freeing up the screw drive since I think it was at its limit.

Recently @89Suburban suggested a similar approach to the problem:

That was the Issue.

I unsrewed the chair, to have space to work and turnt the spindels a little and they moved. In end position they stuck again. I used a llittle lubricant and drive several times from end position to end position. Now they work.

I love it, because i am 6,43ft tall and sitting in higest position is not what i prefer.. ;)

Thanks for help

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was the Issue.

I unsrewed the chair, to have space to work and turnt the spindels a little and they moved. In end position they stuck again. I used a llittle lubricant and drive several times from end position to end position. Now they work.

I love it, because i am 6,43ft tall and sitting in higest position is not what i prefer.. ;)

Thanks for help

I'm 5'9" and I need mine to be up all the way!

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the Issue.

Thanks for help
Same here,I have to lean a little so my head is in the sunroof part.