Seat Swap Captains for Bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just throwing out the idea of swapping my leather, heated, auto fold 2nd row captain seats that are Cashmere (tan) for a bench seat in the same color? They are basically in perfect condition but just need to add one more seat with our growing family. I'm in Socal area but willing to work out shipping if needed.

AtHeart1CaliGurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OMGoodness, i SOOOOO want captains seats and have a heated split bench & i live in SoCal BUT mine are black leather... Been racking my brain and searching prices for replacement seatcovers to make it work but dont think its economically doable...will keep your need in mind as i search for black incase i come accross a local tan trade for ya... Good luck

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Captain seats are awesome until you have little kids with carseats. Then bench > all else.
This is so true. We have one XL Denali with a bench seat and one with captain's chairs. When our kids were still in carseats, the bench was the winner. Now the kids tell us which truck they want to take based on the length of the trip. Around town is captains chairs all the way. Long trip and the bench seat is preferred so they can each have a row and lay down to sleep on the way.

Jbnlm10685

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OMGoodness, i SOOOOO want captains seats and have a heated split bench & i live in SoCal BUT mine are black leather... Been racking my brain and searching prices for replacement seatcovers to make it work but dont think its economically doable...will keep your need in mind as i search for black incase i come accross a local tan trade for ya... Good luck
I am about to purchase a 2023 that has bucket seats but I am wanting a power bench seat. Black leather. Still interested?

jdwood1111

Reaction score
Check out some local junk yards because I found a small salvage place in northeast Philly on Facebook market place that I just bought a second row bench to replace my captains with for $200!! They actually had three sets, two perforated and one not. Overall good condition too! Not sure if they work but for $200 I thought you couldn’t beat it!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Do Not Forget ….

XL, Burb & ESV 2nd row seats only fit in XL, Burb & ESV trucks.

The same goes for Tahoe & Standard length Yukon & Escalade.

They are not interchangeable due to where they mount on the floor.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do Not Forget ….

XL, Burb & ESV 2nd row seats only fit in XL, Burb & ESV trucks.

The same goes for Tahoe & Standard length Yukon & Escalade.

They are not interchangeable due to where they mount on the floor.

That info should be stickied because a lot of people try the swap and it's good general info to know.

as far as some earlier posts in the thread, I have the captain seats and have kids in car seats in them. I wouldn't want benches at all. I guess everyone is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu