Seat heating element replaced, but issue persists. Now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side lumbar heating stopped working years ago. I never worried as I stayed in hot climate. I am getting ready to move to Colorado and went ahead to fix it. Took everything apart and lumbar heating element did not have continuity (seemed broken in one spot as wiggling one part of the pad did provide continuity intermediately). Tested the bottom one and all seemed to work. Replaced the pad and confidently assembled everything and installed the seat. Sure enough the lumbar heating still not working. Could the switch be at fault? Fuse? TIA.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most common issue with these gen trucks when it comes to seat heaters not working, besides the element in the seat, is the main power harness coming out of the floor board below the seat. The wires for the heater element going into the harness got scorched and often causes the pin to come loose. Check the pigtail and make sure all the wires and pins are clean and fully making contact when the two ends are clipped together.

OP
OP
T

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most common issue with these gen trucks when it comes to seat heaters not working, besides the element in the seat, is the main power harness coming out of the floor board below the seat. The wires for the heater element going into the harness got scorched and often causes the pin to come loose. Check the pigtail and make sure all the wires and pins are clean and fully making contact when the two ends are clipped together.
Thanks. Will check it out. When taking the seat out, I did not see anything unusual with the harness but id not look at the pins. I read somewhere that it might also be the door switch, but not sure how that can be related since it seems to work but then deactivate few minutes later.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Will check it out. When taking the seat out, I did not see anything unusual with the harness but id not look at the pins. I read somewhere that it might also be the door switch, but not sure how that can be related since it seems to work but then deactivate few minutes later.
Yeah the seat heater turning on and then deactivating shortly after is the exact symptom of the wires being scorched and then pins not making contact. Let me see if I can find the thread here that specifically talks about it and the fix.

OP
OP
T

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is very detailed:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/escalade-heated-cooled-seat-fix.78105/
also this post from another thread talked about replacing either a fuse in the driver side interior fuse panel. You might want to check that out too.

View attachment 275618
Whoa, man! Thanks much. Ill take it all apart again to check it out. I did see this module anywhere (did not pay too much attention) and hopefully this burnt pin issue is not just for 07-09.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, man! Thanks much. Ill take it all apart again to check it out. I did see this module anywhere (did not pay too much attention) and hopefully this burnt pin issue is not just for 07-09.
I believe the module itself is underneath carpet under the seat. Though I’m not entirely certain as I don’t have this generation. However I do believe several people commented with 2010 and newer rigs that were experiencing the same issue.

OP
OP
T

TahoeLT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the module itself is underneath carpet under the seat. Though I’m not entirely certain as I don’t have this generation. However I do believe several people commented with 2010 and newer rigs that were experiencing the same issue.
Bad news. No module. Fuse 24 is good. Perhaps the module is only on heated/cooled seats where I only have heated. Took passenger seat out and only found two modules on the floor, which appear to be park assist (first 3 pics). Tried disconnecting heating elements one by one (top then bottom) and activating the switch to see if any would work on passenger side but no luck. Again tested elements for continuity and all was fine. When activating the heating seat switch, heard relay click from under the driver side and took that seat out. Found seat module (last pic) and checked all pins and all were fine. WTF! I guess my next step of to take out door switch. 7ba86b2adbce4241ff27a6ac25f08629.jpg7e8701a5ac8ec60699a1e355be98dd2d.jpg2672462af2302de2f1bfeeacb2d859cf.jpg81bf5e73dfe7fd1cad590a3ff3d5c8c6.jpg

Edit: No codes on Tech2.

Edit 2: All of a sudden all started working. Gremlins! I wonder if it lasts. If it continues to work, I suspect the final solution was bad cable seating at seat relay module under driver seat (last picture).

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. Roller coaster ride! Hopefully it lasts! At least if it’s a switch problem the switch is fairly easy, pull the door panel off and then disconnect the switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts