Seat comfort for 03+ style interiors vs 02 and older

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

watchesandputters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new to me 02 Yukon with a bench middle, no rear that I'm going to be converting to captains and adding the third row whenever I can find a set along which brings me to the title of this thread. I was wondering if anyone can speak to whether the 03+ style seats are as comfortable 02 style since not only are seat cover numbers different but the foam pads are a different number as well. I'm going to be redoing the cover of my driver's seat (mostly likely get a replacement cushion as well) anyway so I was just looking for input as to whether I should strictly look for seats out an 00-02 or if the 03+ are just as comfortable if so I can just update the front seats to cushions/covers to match.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The 01-02 seats are totally different from the 03-06 even the wiring is different. Google images and see for your self. The rear seats can be converted easily, I'm not sure if the front seats can with out modifying the wiring,

OP
OP
W

watchesandputters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 01-02 seats are totally different from the 03-06 even the wiring is different. Google images and see for your self. The rear seats can be converted easily, I'm not sure if the front seats can with out modifying the wiring,

Thanks, I am aware of the difference which is what led me to ask if anyone could speak to a comfort difference, if any, between the two styles. As far as bracketry and components most of the seat parts are identical part number wise between the two styles. Good call on mentioning the wiring aspect in case anyone should wonder upon this thread with the same question and wasn't aware of that detail.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Someone's comfort level might be different that yours, I would go test drive an 03 to 06 for $hit$ and giggles and see if that's what you are looking for.

Last edited:

shelton

Reaction score
You’re talking 3-4 different seat styles in this post. 01-02 Yukon, 01-02 Yukon Denali, 01-02 tahoe/suburban, and then 03-06 all seats were practically the same. To me I like the 03-06 best but I also like the 01-02 tahoe/suburban style too but it’s more like sitting on a couch than 03-06 is like a recliner. Not as wide to me especially if they’ve been used the 01-02 styles go flat much faster especially on the edge getting in and out.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on the forum claimed the 03 - 06 seats were the "most comfortable auto seats ever made". I have not compared other years in the Tahoe/Yukon/Esky line, but I have to say that my 04 Tahoe seats are THE MOST comfortable seats I have ever put my butt into of ANY vehicle I have owned in the last 40+ years. I hate to get out when I reach my destination! Soft, but not too soft. Firm, but not too firm. Side bolsters are just right. Super comfortable.

While the comfort of a particular seat is really only determined by the individual, I have to agree with whoever made the claim that the 03-06 seats were some of the best designed ever made. IMHO, true that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman