Seat Belt Reminder for Rear Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMs target audience for these rigs is not young families. Things like car seat tilt, rear intercom, latch anchors in the third row and RSE that can be watched from the third row are all missing on these rigs.

At the same time you’re not going to tow a 25ft travel trailer or head to the mountain for a weekend of skiing in a minivan.

It all depends on your priorities and what are your must haves. I have five kids ranging from 10 to 2 and while there’s some things I wish were better, there’s nothing else on the market that will fit the 7 of us with room to spare, get ~30mpg on road trips and give us the ability to tow a ~6K travel trailer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a 5th kid on the way, not offering these features on the Suburban is a sad gouge in the eye.

The rear seat intercom and a rear seat camera are available on the highest trim of the Honda Odyssey, which is still cheaper than the lowest LS trim Suburban.
great go get one

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently placed an order for a '23 Yukon XL Denali with everything in the reserve package except the sun roof. I was reading the owners manual like a nerd and came across this feature listed. I knew that it was included in the escalades, but didn't know that it was a feature that the Yukon's have. Can anyone confirm that this exists and where/how the information will be displayed? Would be helpful info with 5 young children to keep track of.

View attachment 383193
for clarity these manuals usually cover all the suv's and trim levels which is why it says "may" have

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think the rear window shades is a big fail at this price point. All the mini vans have them. I've even seen some Mazda's have them...

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think the rear window shades is a big fail at this price point. All the mini vans have them. I've even seen some Mazda's have them...
Agreed. If GM were to add the options present in minivans but missing in much more expensive SUVs (window shades, rear intercom/camera), it could make it much easier to justify jumping up to an SUV from a van for families with young kids.

When you have to pay the equivalent of a brand new well-equipped Honda Accord (~$30K) to go from a loaded minivan into an almost equally-equipped SUV, it makes the decision much harder to justify when there are features missing, in addition to the massive price jump.

great go get one
Thanks for this valuable contribution to the discussion! I had one but traded it in for the Suburban for extra space/4wd; doesn't mean I can't miss options Honda included and hope that GM will add them one day, especially those are already included in the Caddy (intercom, seat belt monitors) but not in the still highly-priced Suburban trims.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mazda is moving semi premium. So most of their vehicles punch above their price points pretty handily. Also developing a inline six and rwd platforms.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geez last thing I need is a camera and intercom to the kids in back, I just talk to them or look in the mirror
maybe if I was running open headers we could all wear headsets!

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geez last thing I need is a camera and intercom to the kids in back, I just talk to them or look in the mirror
maybe if I was running open headers we could all wear headsets!

We didn't have any crap like that growing up as kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues