SE Louisiana members show yourself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anguyen325

Reaction score
New Orleans, LA 02 Yukon. Just got the car actually. Had to fix one of pepboys fuckups. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351797519.768868.jpg finished product ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351797578.770429.jpg

anguyen325

Reaction score
Funny thing is that it was one of my dad's customers. She went to them on a Sunday since we weren't open to change her alternator. She went to work on Monday and her coworkers told her that her car was smoking. That was the result. She ended up selling the car to my dad so he made me go rewire that bad boy. We initially didn't think the damage was that bad until I started taking things apart and boy were we surprised. $30 wire harness and 3 days of organizing, cutting, splicing, soldering and heat shrinking later, I got everything wired up. I disconnected the alternator to see if it would at least crank up bc there might've been damage to the computer. Cranks up fine. We decided to change the alternator to avoid Any problems so I go to the parts store and ask. They ask me which one? I looked at them stupid and go what u mean? Apparently theres a 102amp and 130amp alternator. So we start making calls to see if they can see which one pepboys put in there but not even pepboys could tell us so we end up calling the dealership. They tell us it's a 130amp alternator. We ask them what would happen if a 102 was put on there and they describe exactly what happened. Guess the guys at pepboys didn't do their homework. I'm actually about to put the new alternator in tomorrow and gonna run for a few days to make sure there aren't any more short outs.

yukon985

Reaction score
I'm from Slidell. Excuse the mess I am currenty giving my already beautiful Yukon a makeover......

Attachments

• grn ykn 1.jpg
    grn ykn 1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • the yukon.jpg
    the yukon.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 9
  • side by side.jpg
    side by side.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
  • yukon front corner.jpg
    yukon front corner.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 7
  • grn ykn 2.jpg
    grn ykn 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 8

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I hate doing electric stuff. Hope you got it all working right. So what does the rest of the truck look like?

Nice hoe's you got there Yukon985! Love the bedliner on the fender flairs. Witch one did you use on it to get that texture? What else you doing to it?

anguyen325

Reaction score
Yea I hate doing electrical work too. I have a new found respect for electricians ESP automotive lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351891895.141190.jpg it needs a little TLC but otherwise a pretty nice car

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on BB site. I will be getting this done if there is enought poeple so lets see if we can get enought :)

Potential Upcoming Trip Locations

If interested, please email us at [email protected]
New Orleans, LA - February 2013

nuttkaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on BB site. I will be getting this done if there is enought poeple so lets see if we can get enought :)

Potential Upcoming Trip Locations

If interested, please email us at [email protected]
New Orleans, LA - February 2013

I hope we aren't still on turnaround at work, so I can get the ESKY tunded!!! Do you have a exact date??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts