S&B Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed one today. I only bought it because I wanted something to tinker with. I was not expecting a noticeable performance increase but I was expecting a throaty sound.

Installation was fine. After driving for about 5 miles or so, I have to say, the 'throaty sound' is kind of strange and inconsistent. Seems like sometimes at low revs and low acceleration it will get throaty and loud and then other times when you would think you could hear it at WOT, you don't hear it much. Hopefully the truck is still learning.

The one other thing that is interesting is that the 'intake ports' just kind of sit there in the engine bay. I guess it will pull in cooler air when on the move and isn't any worse than the traditional 'CAI' kits that just have the cone sitting in the engine bay.

I'll report back after a few more drives.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, that giant box in the middle of the engine bay gets removed with the kit, is it not important? What does it do?

I'm a novice when it comes to engine work, but this seems like a simple enough project to tackle myself.

tempImage89p75D.jpg

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, that giant box in the middle of the engine bay gets removed with the kit, is it not important? What does it do?

I'm a novice when it comes to engine work, but this seems like a simple enough project to tackle myself.

View attachment 387396

Yes it gets removed. Probably just sound deadening but I don't know for sure

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered one, I'll let everyone know how it fits in the '23 once I'm done.
Any specific reason you selected S&B? Ran an S&B on my old F250 SD before I swapped out to a NL intake...so limited time with it. Now about to source the Corsa intake.

Looking at the S&B description and the image...they are calling it:

"This kit comes with a fully enclosed airbox that protects the filter from dirt and keeps out engine heat."

How is this fully enclosed to protect the filter?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-16 153939.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-16 153939.png
    750.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that it's a closed box setup, rather than just a partition one. It's my first experience with replacing stock intakes so I didn't have any points of reference to use. Install looks easy enough and the materials seem to be of good quality. I'll take pictures for my IG account when I put it in :D

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that it's a closed box setup, rather than just a partition one. It's my first experience with replacing stock intakes so I didn't have any points of reference to use. Install looks easy enough and the materials seem to be of good quality. I'll take pictures for my IG account when I put it in :D

Short of the front and 2 side open holes that is...maybe they have plexiglass on the 2 hole area..? But if that was the case, it looks like that section would thru off the air flow path...idk.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short of the front and 2 side open holes that is...maybe they have plexiglass on the 2 hole area..? But if that was the case, it looks like that section would thru off the air flow path...idk.
Those two side holes are open.... It is a tad strange but I think it also assist in pulling in cooler air when you're on the move.

Side note - note sure if it's coincidence or what but after install, my windshield spray no longer works. I uninstalled it and checked all lines and nothing seems off so I'm stumped. Might just be coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17