Running rough, showing no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i attached a file for you to use but it sounds like the spider assembly has had it. the new design already includes a new reg on it. so i would tear it down and replace it and if the manifold is a disaster for sure then take it off and get it cleaned and replace the intake gaskets with the new design as well. replace any damaged or fouled parts.

Attachments

• gmt400 1998 tahoe fuel pressure diagnosis.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
budman

budman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Sunlit. I'll be sure to post my findings and results when I get a chance to do the repairs

OP
OP
budman

budman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find the d 42873-1 and j 42873-2 fuel line shutoff valves? None of the part stores around me have them

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
usually people just find a rubber section of the return line somewhere in the back and use a hose pinch tool that will not destroy it.

OP
OP
budman

budman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i believe you were right sunlit. Did the pressure test again to be sure and it looks like an injector or injectors must be leaking. Soooo looks like I'll be tearing down the intake next chance I get. Anyone have a part # for the updated delco or Delphi spider assembly?

OP
OP
budman

budman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to put the new spider in today and all is well. Tahoe hasn't run this good in a long time. Now I just have to find out where to get the vacuum line that I broke in the process lol. Thanks for the input sunlit, you were great help.

OP
OP
budman

budman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it's been a few weeks since I changed the spiders and now the long start issue is back. I'm guessing now it's the fuel pump check valve? Any suggestions?

OP
OP
budman

budman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I rented one before and did the check per the diagnostic chart and all signs pointed toward the injectors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable