Running 285/55/20's on 2" level kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollinHorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got an 08 Yukon 4x4 with autoride. As it sits right now, the rear is exactly 2" higher than the front. I've done a bunch of research on the whole lift issue with autoride, and although I'm convinced it can be done without harm, I figure instead of going with the 2.5/1" level kit, I'll just stick with the 2" lift from Rough Country.

My question is, I have seen other users running 295/55/20's without too much issue on the 2.5/1" kits- Has anyone run a 285/55/20 with just a 2" raise?

Up front, the net difference in height between 295's and the 285's is .4". So I figure being a 1/2" lower with the 2" raise compared to the 2.5/1" will be pretty negligible.

Out back, the net difference in height the 295's and 285's is still .4", but would not raising the rear end at all be an issue? I tend to think it wouldn't since those tires don't turn..

Anyway, just looking for a little help before I pull the trigger on the kit. Thanks for the help guys

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would depend more on the wheel with this size tire
If you stick with stock I would "think" there wouldn't be much of an issue. This guy here ( https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...-slightly-aggressive-leveling-kit-custom-rims )is running 295/55R20s with a 2.25/1, had to trim, and still rubs but he went with aftermarket wheels that have a -10 offset vs. the factory of +30-32ish. I am looking at doing the exact same setup as this truck but using the +15 offset version to limit the rub.

OP
OP
R

RollinHorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. Yep I will be using the stock 20" Tahoe rim. I don't think there will be much of an issue. Always nice to have someone say for sure though from experience :)

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
If you don't wanna touch the back I wouldnt go over 1.5" in the front.

OP
OP
R

RollinHorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you recommend going more than 1.5 up front? My rear is exactly 2" higher.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Because I did a 2.5'' front and 1.5'' rear on my truck. I measured and there is less than a quarter inch difference front to rear, BUT when you look at it it looks like it is leaning .75-1''. You really have to look close, but it's almost an optical illusion. The way the truck sits from the factory the wheel gap is proportional so when you lift like i did at a 2.5:1.5 ratio, the wheel gap changes and it looks a tad bit saggy. Just a heads up!

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I purchased my lift from eBay, from Summit Machine Shop in Georgia. Let me grab a link

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-AVALA...essories&fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item20e909d229

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

IMG_0414_zps4gainiem.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

IMG_0409_zps78gufaro.jpg

OP
OP
R

RollinHorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation and the pics, I definitely see what you mean. For the rough country lift, it looks really straight forward of an install on the front. Not so sure about the rear. How was the install of the rear blocks in your opinion?

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
You're welcome! The black makes it tough to see and this driveway it slightly slanted. Looking at it on a perfectly normal drive, it is literally dead nuts level front to back. It looks bigger, but it's still subtle and retains that Denali class.

The rear took 20 minutes, just have someone to stand on the axle, and make sure you disconnect your brake line brackets. Here's my write up:

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70890

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam