RPO T62 DRL delete, re-enabling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

My export market 07 Burb LTZ has the T62 RPO. DRL Delete.

I would like to re-enable the DRLs.

Does anyone know with certainty if this is purely a BCM programming thing, or are the headlights wired/made differently?

Ive checked the DRL bulbs, and they are the correct dual filament type.

All info greatly appreciated :)

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is in BCM programming. If you can't find someone to program it, the AutoSync from btdieselworks.com can do it WITH the BCM programming option. Or you could get a replacement BCM (that did not have the T62 option) and have it programmed to your vin.

"Procedures to disable daytime running lamps (DRL):
Have the dealership technician call Techline at 1-800-828-6860 and request a new calibration for the truck body control module (tbcm) that will disable the DRL's. Recalibrate the TBCM with the new calibration."

OP
OP
Kapitein

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot.

Programming will be difficult as I am in Europe and there is no official Chevy support here.

The diesel works product looks good, but perhaps expensive just to have working DRLs

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called two Chevy dealers here for programming, told me they would get back to me and never did.
I don't think they feel like supporting the 'old' vehicles anymore!

AutoSync + BCM programming is not cheap. However, it does have several nice functions.
Here is a list of most of them (All these I really like)

Disable auto door locks (I bought it mainly for this! It bothered me too much)
Display info - Gear, tcc lock, tcc slip, trans temp, intake air temp, knock retard, oil pressure, MAF, ethanol %
DTC code reader/reset - in display
AFM deactivation (I programmed mine out so have not tried this)
emergency flashers
manual rearview camera activation (~5 seconds)
manual high idle
remote control window up/down
customize approach lighting scheme (fogs, rev, low/hi, park, turn)
customize exit lighting scheme - can be manually activated (fogs, rev, low/hi, park, turn)
reduce your door chime time limit to be only 30seconds (minimum setting)
remote start timer can be adjusted, maximum is 21 minutes
Extended accessory power (lets you have power windows after you open door)
auto headlight / daytime running light settings
dome light time and fade settings
TPMS range adjustment / disable

I much prefer my custom settings, and several features are very useful. Looking back, I feel it is actually a bargain.

Otherwise, maybe there is some way to wire the DRL relay to your ignition?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are some sellers on places like ebay (as well as various websites) that offer used/new bcm's and programming to your vin and therefore arrive plug-n-play.
I have also read a technical brief that shows a drl delete being performed by removing a wire or wires from the sun sensor harness but not sure what years that applies too, the details are on another post in the forum
you can just wire them on it's not hard to do at all and would be the cheapest fix
a simple relay wired to key on/acc power and a trigger wire to the headlight on would work just fine. you could also add a toggle switch if you want them off or full manual control or any other option you want. easy peasy.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could also wire them to operate just like oem but you would have to do a little digging to find the "drive" trigger wire.