RP5-GM11 Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Double Din install kit that came with the RP5-GM11 module. I have a ton of ground noise in the speakers and I have an issue with different speakers cutting in and out. Has anyone else had this issue? I have all connections soldered and heat shrunk (I have experience with major stereo installs)

My concern is, does anyone think its a faulty module or is there something I need to check? I have a Pioneer DEH-X2800BS head unit that worked perfectly in my previous set up. Everything else in completely factory for the stereo and the entire truck for that matter

HELP?!?!

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try switching the connection between "Amplified Factory Audio" and "Non-amplified Factory Audio" on the blue box module to see if that makes a difference. I had a similar issue with mine and when I switched, it made a difference in the interference noise. But still have a very slight interference noise when noting is playing and it is on.

Also were you sure to move the Radio Select dial to point to the correct number for your Pioneer before you connected any wires to the blue box module?