Routine Brake Replacement: Torque Specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Hey all,

Going to be replacing my rear pads and resurfacing rotors. I was wondering if anyone knew the torque specs associated with a routine brake job?

2016 Yukon XL SLT 4WD

Also, can’t find a .PDF service manual online short of AllData- likely not available. If anyone is familiar with one I’d appreciate it. The work looks pretty straight forward, but I don’t like to be surprised. =)

Best regards,

Dave

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey all,

Going to be replacing my rear pads and resurfacing rotors. I was wondering if anyone knew the torque specs associated with a routine brake job?

2016 Yukon XL SLT 4WD

Also, can’t find a .PDF service manual online short of AllData- likely not available. If anyone is familiar with one I’d appreciate it. The work looks pretty straight forward, but I don’t like to be surprised. =)

Best regards,

Dave

Best source for service manual PDF is eBay.
Seller is seriousctbuyer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

2016 Yukon XL SLT 4WD

Best regards,

Dave

AllDataDIY has your truck, I just checked. I think it's the same specs for the GMT900s but not certain.

If it is the same, the caliper guide pin bolts are 28 ft lbs. Need 2 wrenches or wrench and socket for these. The caliper bracket bolts are 122 ft lbs. The wheels are torqued to 140 ft lbs.

Your parking brake shoes should be .06 mm clearance from the drum... yeah I know! I bought a drum brake shoe caliper to measure and adjust them next time.

JD9 rear brake rotor specs:

Discard thickness - 18mm
Min allow after refinish - 18.5mm
New - 20mm
max lateral runout - .05mm
max scoring - 1.5mm
max thickness variation - .009mm

Ed Sievers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An old thread, but I will try to post the torques from my shop manual again , so the data will be sorta archived for others (tried to post this a couple of weeks ago.) Don't know what happened the first time. NOTE: My shop manual is for 2015-2017......purchased off ebay for my 2015 Yukon Denali. Not sure about other years.
Be safe............ Ed Sievers in Denver

Attachments

• Yukon Brake Job Torques.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 110

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 5 wacks on the wrench for the caliper bracket bolts and 2 for the caliper guide pins ;)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AllDataDIY has your truck, I just checked. I think it's the same specs for the GMT900s but not certain.

If it is the same, the caliper guide pin bolts are 28 ft lbs. Need 2 wrenches or wrench and socket for these. The caliper bracket bolts are 122 ft lbs. The wheels are torqued to 140 ft lbs.

Your parking brake shoes should be .06 mm clearance from the drum... yeah I know! I bought a drum brake shoe caliper to measure and adjust them next time.

JD9 rear brake rotor specs:

Discard thickness - 18mm
Min allow after refinish - 18.5mm
New - 20mm
max lateral runout - .05mm
max scoring - 1.5mm
max thickness variation - .009mm
Link for that brake shoe caliper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member