Rough over railroad tracks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pt1965

Reaction score
i would like to restore my 2010 z71 suburban to a like new ride so it doesnt bang so hard when i cross railroad tracks and accidently hit a pothole. i have new tires,new leveling bilsteins on front and adjustable monroes on rear. i replaced the lower ball joints but thats all. mechanic said everything is tight. i know the easy route is to replace the rest of the bushings/tierods etc, but it i want to make sure i dont leave out anything more important. do hub bearings play a factor in a solid ride?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it ride like this with the oem shocks? Do you have stock tire size? Is your tire pressure set to spec?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like you need to adjust your shocks better, I have never used "leveling" shocks but my guess is you probably have them adjusted so far they can't do there job, my Denali glides over tracks and potholes. Unless you are trying to level up more than a couple inches then most guys just use spacers with the oem shock's.

OP
OP
pt1965

pt1965

Reaction score
Did it ride like this with the oem shocks? Do you have stock tire size? Is your tire pressure set to spec?
worse, i got it at 167k and it still had the oem shocks w/ leveling spacers on front. it rides smooth at interstate speeds but hit a bad spot and feels real bad. i know its an old truck and maybe alot of the jarring just comes from being worn out, some could even be in the steering column linkage who knows

OP
OP
pt1965

pt1965

Reaction score
sounds like you need to adjust your shocks better, I have never used "leveling" shocks but my guess is you probably have them adjusted so far they can't do there job, my Denali glides over tracks and potholes. Unless you are trying to level up more than a couple inches then most guys just use spacers with the oem shock's.
thanks,your probably right, i just dont like the nose down feeling when driving, so i guess i'll have to take the negative side too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts