Rough idle at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
B12 Chemtool, cleaned mine with it on as well...just stick screwdriver in throttle blade to let it air out and dry completly

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
I have cleaned mine numerous times with it on. This time I sprayed and toothbrushed cuz there is stuff on there not coming off with just spray.

I think you'll be quite surprised what your missing by not taking it off IMHO.

It comes off as easy as the intake so it would be complete laziness not to do it. Just pinch off the lower right Coolant line to move it to a suitable place to clean it. Its the only thing you'd have to disconnect if you don't want to put it on the bench.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh I would take it off, but mine was fairly clean, only had 69,000 miles when i did it, it was fairly clean. Agreed, if it needed a bath in Chemtool, I'd take it off.

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
guys if the inside your intake manifold or TB is always covered with oil make sure to change your pcv(Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. it might also help.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big problem in colder weather on 03 and below 5.3 liter engines
and to clean out tb's I use BG intake spray

+1, im having the engine stumble too on first start up of the day. gotta go through and clean everything and hopefully its not my gaskets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts