Roof Rack Replacement Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atl3711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I purchased a 2021 Yukon with a roof rack installed. The roof rack did not come with a key and the GM dealership is not able to provide a replacement. Lock is stamped J03. In desperate need of a key. I’ll PayPal or Venmo someone $50 to make me a copy of your key.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that the dealership said they can't get you a replacement key. It's a GM branded accessory and the dealership should provide warranty/service for it. I might try calling a few other dealers just to see if you get the same story.

A few years back my family was given a Sears (Thule) roof cargo box. The keys were missing, but I found a locksmith on E-Bay that was selling pre-cut keys for cargo boxes. I found the number on the lock cylinder, ordered two keys and they work great.

Another option would be to contact Etrailer.com They have great customer service and deal with roof rails, cargo boxes, etc. Chances are those roof rails are made by someone like Thule or Yakima and then rebranded as GM. You might be able to get a replacement key through them...

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I purchased a 2021 Yukon with a roof rack installed. The roof rack did not come with a key and the GM dealership is not able to provide a replacement. Lock is stamped J03. In desperate need of a key. I’ll PayPal or Venmo someone $50 to make me a copy of your key.
I'll look to see what my keys say. I'm assuming it'll need to match the J03 code yours has?

OP
OP
A

atl3711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that the dealership said they can't get you a replacement key. It's a GM branded accessory and the dealership should provide warranty/service for it. I might try calling a few other dealers just to see if you get the same story.

A few years back my family was given a Sears (Thule) roof cargo box. The keys were missing, but I found a locksmith on E-Bay that was selling pre-cut keys for cargo boxes. I found the number on the lock cylinder, ordered two keys and they work great.

Another option would be to contact Etrailer.com They have great customer service and deal with roof rails, cargo boxes, etc. Chances are those roof rails are made by someone like Thule or Yakima and then rebranded as GM. You might be able to get a replacement key through them...
Thank you, Stephen. I will try contacting ETrailer.

OP
OP
A

atl3711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll look to see what my keys say. I'm assuming it'll need to match the J03 code yours has?
Yes sir. The lock cylinder on the roof rack is stamped with the key code. It will be a J01 - J09.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. The lock cylinder on the roof rack is stamped with the key code. It will be a J01 - J09.
1655419798402.png

jpn6689

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 22 Yukon except my key code was different. I went to the dealer and they ordered a set of keys for $8. I’d reach out to another dealership maybe…

peyc2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

There is a company called Easykeys. easykey.com They have replacement keys for tool boxes, and all sorts of things. They maybe able to provide keys for this. But i find it hard to believe the dealer didn't leave the keys in the glove box, that's where mine where, and the dealer did the installation prior to delivery of the Tahoe

OP
OP
A

atl3711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually tried these guys early on and was told they had no idea where to find the key. I bought the truck used, so I assume the previous owners still have the keys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep