Right Side Indicator Not Working but Object Sensor Works Fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgorajewski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently my right side indicator light on my 2015 Chevy Tahoe stopped flashing when I'd use my turn signal, but the object sensor continues to work fine.

Chevy says I have to replace the entire mirror to fix the issue at almost $1000! This doesn't seem right to me since the mirror seems to be partially working (it recognizes when I turn on my turn signal and there is an object in my path). Has anyone else experienced this and have a suggestion or fix to suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/direction!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently my right side indicator light on my 2015 Chevy Tahoe stopped flashing when I'd use my turn signal, but the object sensor continues to work fine.

Chevy says I have to replace the entire mirror to fix the issue at almost $1000! This doesn't seem right to me since the mirror seems to be partially working (it recognizes when I turn on my turn signal and there is an object in my path). Has anyone else experienced this and have a suggestion or fix to suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/direction!
Well, if the element burned out in the mirror, then it needs to be replaced. Were you provided with any of the internal codes for this?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I would think that the indicator light on the mirror is an LED strip attached to the mirror. I have not personally taken apart one of these mirrors, but I'm sure that other folks on this Forum have, and they will chime in.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

it may be possible to replace just a light or module on the mirror, but if no one sells just that module, you’re stuck buying the whole unit.

OP
OP
sgorajewski

sgorajewski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, if the element burned out in the mirror, then it needs to be replaced. Were you provided with any of the internal codes for this?
No, I didn't receive any codes, just one day noticed the indicator light wasn't working anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts