Reverse Wire 01 Denali Color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey quick question, does anyone know which wire is the Reverse light wire on an 01 Denali XL?

Thanks!

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the light green wire going to be consistant for all of us yuks? im about to do a backup camera and monitor in our 05 and just want to know before i get started.....i want to make sure its not going to be the same wire that goes to the reverse lights...gonna look silly to have the backup camera monitor come on every time we unlock the car and the approach lights come on...

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
is the light green wire going to be consistant for all of us yuks? im about to do a backup camera and monitor in our 05 and just want to know before i get started.....i want to make sure its not going to be the same wire that goes to the reverse lights...gonna look silly to have the backup camera monitor come on every time we unlock the car and the approach lights come on...

I believe it applies to this yr as well.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The reverse wire should only trigger the backup camera to turn on if it already has power. If the ignition is off, then the backup camera will not come on with the approach lighting.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, the A pillar is the winshield post on the drivers side. The green wire runs up that pillar and across the roof to the rearview mirror.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reverse wire should only trigger the backup camera to turn on if it already has power. If the ignition is off, then the backup camera will not come on with the approach lighting.

i'll see tonight when i put the camera and monitor in. the monitor just has power and ground....so it will get its power from the green wire. if it comes on with approach lighting, nothing a relay wont fix. the camera itself will get power from teh backup light so thats gonna come on with approach but i dont care as long as it doesnt make the display come on so thats why i'll make sure it wont.

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll see tonight when i put the camera and monitor in. the monitor just has power and ground....so it will get its power from the green wire. if it comes on with approach lighting, nothing a relay wont fix. the camera itself will get power from teh backup light so thats gonna come on with approach but i dont care as long as it doesnt make the display come on so thats why i'll make sure it wont.

Did you get a chance for those results? Curious as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar