Reverse Wire 01 Denali Color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to respond over here. if u check my thread where i intro'd myself in the general area, ive just updated it with mods as ive gone.

but to answer this question here, the reverse wire DOES have power when the ignition is off and will activate whatever u tie into it with the approach lighting if u have that option turned on. easy to get around. just use a relay. the positive lead comes from an ignition source, the "trigger" wire is the reverse wire, and of course the monitor connects to the output on the relay and ground goes to ground. so that way, sure there is power coming from the green wire when u unlock but theres no constant power to power the realy unless the ignition is on. hope that helps.

heres the part of my newbie thread where i have the pics of the camera

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23864&page=6

Last edited:

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the reverse wire DOES have power when the ignition is off and will activate whatever u tie into it with the approach lighting if u have that option turned on. easy to get around. just use a relay.

Even easier, you can just hit the reverse wire at the BCM, blue plug, gray wire A8. This wire gets 12V with reverse, but NOT with the perimeter lighting. No need for extra relays or ignition wiring.

*EDIT*

I should emphasize that my info for 03-06. For 00-02, location of wire *may be* slightly different, just make sure to meter the wire before making a connection to it.

Last edited:

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup. that woudl be even easier. i didnt find that until you posted. but if u are lazy and want to stay sitting up right, then u can do the relay deal like me hahahaha.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even easier, you can just hit the reverse wire at the BCM, blue plug, gray wire A8. This wire gets 12V with reverse, but NOT with the perimeter lighting. No need for extra relays or ignition wiring.

*EDIT*

I should emphasize that my info for 03-06. For 00-02, location of wire *may be* slightly different, just make sure to meter the wire before making a connection to it.

OmarR, you are da man!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick