Rev-X Engine oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been using Rev-X engine oil treatment for about a year now each time I change the oil in my TAhoe....it's awesome...it's expensive but it seems worth it to me! Has anyone else tried it before? I'm not being paid to endorse them but I'm curious if anyone else has had any experience with them. The track had 209K miles on it when I started using it and now it has about 247K. I tow a 1992 Larson 250 Hampton boat with it that weighs about 7,000 lbs loaded with trailer. I've driven it down from MD to NC and back and a bunch of times all over MD. My truck has a rebuilt tranny, new transfer case (2022), new brake lines and calipers plus new fuel lines so I take care of it. I change oils (engine, tranny, trnsfr case, diffs) regularly so adding the Rev-X wasn't done to fix a problem, it was done with the goal of extending the engine's life...I've also towed a Corvette and a mercedes SUV on a uhaul trailer back and forth to NC 6 times. No overheat problems and engine winds up smoothly and quickly. I run full synthetic engine oil.
https://revxoil.com/shop/high-performance-oil-treatment/

Last edited:

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it seems to be working for you. My Silverado has 413k on it now with nothing more than routine oil changes. I had to pull the pan to change the oil pump tube orange, and the pan was decently clean for the 400k at the time. I personally don't buy into additives, but some people swear by them

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using Rev-X engine oil treatment for about a year now each time I change the oil in my TAhoe....it's awesome...it's expensive but it seems worth it to me! Has anyone else tried it before? I'm not being paid to endorse them but I'm curious if anyone else has had any experience with them. The track had 209K miles on it when I started using it and now it has about 247K. I tow a 1992 Larson 250 Hampton boat with it that weighs about 7,000 lbs loaded with trailer. I've driven it down from MD to NC and back and a bunch of times all over MD. My truck has a rebuilt tranny, new transfer case (2022), new brake lines and calipers plus new fuel lines so I take care of it. I change oils (engine, tranny, trnsfr case, diffs) regularly so adding the Rev-X wasn't done to fix a problem, it was done with the goal of extending the engine's life...I've also towed a Corvette and a mercedes SUV on a uhaul trailer back and forth to NC 6 times. No overheat problems and engine winds up smoothly and quickly. I run full synthetic engine oil.

When I understand correctly, you determine the positive effect on that the engine was: It survived the last 38k miles?

The question is, what does the engine look like inside, has the compression improved, what did the oil look like when you changed the oil?

I have like mudsport96 good experiences with regular oil changes, with high-quality oil for decades.

The first time I really saw it, was on a BMW M30 engine, where you had to adjust the valves every time you service it. So every time I got an oil service I had to take the valve cover off and see the inside of the engine. When I bought it, the valve cover and the entire valve train were black and full of carbon deposits. I used Motul oil for the oil change and the engine became brighter with every oil change until there were no deposits inside at all, just bare metal.

And recently, for the first time before changing the oil, I added 1 liter of diesel to the oil of my truck, to wash out Carbon, which really flushed out a lot of dirt. Before the regular oil service on my truck, the oil was like honey. After adding 1 liter diesel and driving 20 kilometers, the oil was dark black.

So the diesel loosened a lot of oil deposits.

I'm not saying that Rev-X doesn't work, but I would have needed some concrete facts to convince myself.

Jonmurphy

Reaction score
So sounds good , I've done some towing too. I use the best differential oils and change them a lot. I recommend magnetic oil plugs Because it shows you if there is wear or not. It's always better to use a heavier viscosity Unless you're in Cold weather a lot. A welding temperature stick (mark it) will show you How hot your differential is getting. Decrease speed if it's getting too hot. I and my customers and friends , Always Use (add) Teflon and any gearbox or steering box. Axle seals, all seals will pretty much last forever. And I found years ago it also stops Currently leaking seals..some Teflon, does eventually Disintegrate To Adam size, In a few years so you have to add some more. But she'll be changing your oil and power steering fluid anyway.. Buy it on amazon 4-15 microns is fine. I buy mine in large containers, from a chemical supply House. Your friends and you could get together and do this... It's Guaranteed quality and much cheaper this way. You won't have your steering box go out Or your rack and pinion steering go out. This is 1 of the super secrets of the Automotive engineering society and the manufacturing companies of course they don't want you to know how to keep your equipment going forever. Henry ford started making some stainless steel cars late 30s ( they're on the web).. His board of directors told him he was crazy, And stopped that. He did insist that his original cars have Chrome vanadium steel frames, that's why every hot rod including my '34 ford, 5 window coupe, Has a frame that will not break, or stress crack, even with my huge Lincoln engine and auto trans. (Sits back about 12") And handles fantastic, Stock live axles, and big gummy soft tires, Seems 2 corner about 1G. On Regular Smooth roads..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts