Reset Fuel Trims ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you fellas refuel, do you drive at least seven miles afterwards above 25 mph? This is the length of time it takes for the computer to properly analyze the alcohol content after refueling.

Hey guys, look at Troy's report and tell us if you think his throttle plate is open too much. Doesn't look right to me. I'll compare this to mine on the morrow.

Teeroy78

Reaction score
When you fellas refuel, do you drive at least seven miles afterwards above 25 mph? This is the length of time it takes for the computer to properly analyze the alcohol content after refueling.

Hey guys, look at Troy's report and tell us if you think his throttle plate is open too much. Doesn't look right to me. I'll compare this to mine on the morrow.
Thank you so much Swathdiver! I appreciate any advice you and others have to get my truck healthy again.

To answer your question, unfortunately 99% of my travel consists of short trips far less than 7 miles / 11km. I have the convenience benefit of living fairly close to work, daycare, kids' activities, etc. Though last night I did make a point of going on a long drive after filling up. I noticed the alcohol percentage took about 25ish km to finally lock into place.

About my absolute throttle position, I thought it strange that it was so high, but not knowing anything about it I hadn't dug into that any further yet.

Teeroy78

Reaction score
An interesting point was that it started up SO much better this morning from cold! Even though there should be near zero ethanol left in the tank and it is detecting 27.5% and the trims are still way too high, the difference is very noticeable. Felt like a new truck today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88

Latest posts