Replacing my head unit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jutte73

Reaction score
Ok so once again i am sure this has been asked and answered again, and once again tired of trying to find it so here goes...

i have a 2002 tahoe, and want to replace the factory head unit. i do not have the fancy bose system but it does have the great factory 8" sub lol. so i have a pioneer single din radio i used in my last truck just going to use that for now. my question(s):

i took everything apart and looked at it the other day i noticed that from the wire harnes i used on my s10 to this one this one has three extra wires, assuming that is to control the amp for the sub, what do i need to hook up to get that to work or should i just wire in my amp i am planning on using when i replace the factory sub with a 10" amp and box setup and just turn it down ALOT and hook it up to my factory sub for now??

thank you!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you plan to hook up an aftermarket amp, nows the time, and replace the sub, IMHO

OP
OP
J

jutte73

Reaction score
yeah the more i was sitting here thinking about the more that seems the best way to go. find out where the speaker wires are ran back to the sub and just splice into them off the new amp and turn the amp down and run that till i get the new sub and box to install. do you know where the factory amp is located??

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey jutte make a signature with your truck info in it, and the amp may be in the center console like mine if you have one

OP
OP
J

jutte73

Reaction score
there we go TN all done lol

need a better pic i know but i am at work right now and its crappy out here in ohio!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWoolf777