Replacement strut assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m having a real hard time finding just the standard replacement strut assembly for my 2015 Tahoe LT 4x4 with the 22” wheels. It does not have the magnaride shocks. The replacement shocks I’m finding all seem to be without the police package and without 22” wheels, that or they are an off brand. I’ve tried to find the part number on the strut itself but the only number I can find is to the actual spring. Anyone else had this issue or able to help? Thanks in advance!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe may be able to get you the exact replacement part numbers (part numbers do change over time). Then you can shop for price at RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, GMPartsDirect.com, or any other trusted supplier.

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FR142582 are the last 8 on the VIN. I ended up buying the Monroe quick-strut 139104. It said without the 22s but I read a couple reviews that said it didn’t matter it wouldn’t affect it. I can always send them back I guess lol.

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FR142582 are the last 8 on the VIN. I ended up buying the Monroe quick-strut 139104. It said without the 22s but I read a couple reviews that said it didn’t matter it wouldn’t affect it. I can always send them back I guess lol.
Did you end up using the quick strut? How did it turn out? Liking the ride?

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up using the quick strut? How did it turn out? Liking the ride?
Hey sorry for the late reply! I did use the quick strut and they worked perfectly, I have not had a single problem with them.

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the late reply! I did use the quick strut and they worked perfectly, I have not had a single problem with them.
Thanks for the follow up. I replaced my rears with KYB monomax and that really settled the truck down a lot. The old ones were shot. It is riding well enough I am going to wait a bit to do the fronts. I am leaning toward a KYB assembly. About twice the price of the monroe but they are monotubes and I am hoping the extra $ means extra quality. Who knows. Thanks for the feedback it is good to know there is a good alternative.